Author Topic: Pawnie finds: 10-18-18  (Read 5084 times)

Offline bonneyman

Pawnie finds: 10-18-18
« on: October 18, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »
A detented slider bar, a 9/16" socket for my Saltus project, and a makita Finger adaptor for 1/4" bits. Plus a Craftsman RHFT rat that I can use the gear for a spare. Though the nomenclature on the reverse side of the handle makes me think this is an early version of the rat. Might be worth keeping her together.

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Pawnie finds: 10-18-18
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
Not a bad little haul.

Is that bar a T handle for a 1/4" breaker bar ?

Those magnetic extendable bit holders are handy no matter the brand, I've never seen one that was substantially better than others so even the cheap unbranded ones are great.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:36:16 PM »
Nice haul. The ratchet looks early to me as well. The later ones had a part number and this seems not to.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
I've got one of those Makita bit holders. I have never been able to figure out what it is supposed to find as it says finder right on it. ???

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
I've got one of those Makita bit holders. I have never been able to figure out what it is supposed to find as it says finder right on it. ???

I'm thinking since the outer sleeve slides way past the end of the bit, you can put a long sheet rock screw and the sheath will hold it in place while you drill it in if it's in a area that's too tight to get your hand in there.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 03:31:22 PM »

I'm thinking since the outer sleeve slides way past the end of the bit, you can put a long sheet rock screw and the sheath will hold it in place while you drill it in if it's in a area that's too tight to get your hand in there.
Yes, they're for holding screws and they do it very well.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »

I get that but what is it supposed to find? ;D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »

The tip is strongly magnetic so maybe you can probably find steel studs with it?
I get that but what is it supposed to find? ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:05:24 PM by bonneyman »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »
Not a bad little haul.

Is that bar a T handle for a 1/4" breaker bar ?

Those magnetic extendable bit holders are handy no matter the brand, I've never seen one that was substantially better than others so even the cheap unbranded ones are great.

It doesn't fit a 1/4" knuckle I have  :-[ and it's too small for 3/8". I'll have to measure it with a circle gauge. Maybe I can use it with plumbing sockets on evap cooler drains.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
Bman, where are your calipers? I keep a set in my desk drawer, on the work bench and in my truck. I got a pair of Mitutoyo 6" dial at a pawn shop one day for a buck. The dial glass was so dirty you couldn't read it but it cleaned up good enough. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »
Bman, where are your calipers? I keep a set in my desk drawer, on the work bench and in my truck. I got a pair of Mitutoyo 6" dial at a pawn shop one day for a buck. The dial glass was so dirty you couldn't read it but it cleaned up good enough.

Oh yeah, I've got several of those. I'll just have to mic the thing up and figure out what size it is.

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I've got several of those. I'll just have to mic the thing up and figure out what size it is.

Just use your iPhone with the micrometer app.