Author Topic: PanaVise made in Nevada  (Read 2034 times)

Offline DeadNutz

PanaVise made in Nevada
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:37:04 PM »
I didn't know until I saw this article that PanaVises are made in Reno. The GoPro mounts they make are made in China as well as all the suction cups. They moved out of Calif. because they were going to be restricted to using 3 gallons of water based paint for their vises daily. The vises are still cast in Calif. I should send a note to the reporter that vice is not the correct spelling. :-[

https://www.kolotv.com/content/news/MADE-IN-NEVADA-PanaVise--498358501.html

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: PanaVise made in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:34:58 PM »
I believe the rules are up to three gallons a day requires no paint booth and the requirements on PPE are pretty loose. Over the three gallon threshold a paint booth is required and PPE requirements change. VOC limits exist and even water based paints may have some so things can get complicated. There are still a lot of things made in the state that require a lot more than three gallons of paint a day - all those Teslas are getting painted somewhere.

But the rules are pretty much in line with OSHA which I believe is 18 gallons a week.

At one point I was using somewhere between two and four gallons of solvent based paint a week and the state had no restrictions on me at all. They encouraged me to use an HVLP gun but at that time there was no requirement I do so. That part may have changed.

Maybe I'm wrong but these were the rules as I understood them and operated under.

But I'm happy the vises are made here regardless of where they're painted.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

Re: PanaVise made in Nevada
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »
Thanks J.A.F.E. for elaborating on the paint subject.