Author Topic: Vise Stand - Options??  (Read 226 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Vise Stand - Options??
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2024, 04:57:08 PM »
just cement a piece of pipe in the ground outside and bolt your vise to it. Thats what I did.

Square tube cemented in ground and vise mounted on smaller square tube that fits inside mounted tube. Think Reese hitch. Pull vise out and store inside when not used

Offline highland512

« Reply #16 on: Today at 06:26:13 AM »
  (or keep an eye out for a decent second vise to mount outside permanently)

Bring your cash reserves, I swear good vices and anvils seem priceless anymore. Went to an estate sale last weekend, 100lb anvil bring $450 and a 60's craftsman vice brings $175. There is a sale coming with a 500lb anvil, something tells me it won't go as high as the 100 pounder. 

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:51:44 PM »
Bring your cash reserves, I swear good vices and anvils seem priceless anymore. Went to an estate sale last weekend, 100lb anvil bring $450 and a 60's craftsman vice brings $175. There is a sale coming with a 500lb anvil, something tells me it won't go as high as the 100 pounder.

Well,  Apparently I have a horseshoe shoved somewhere...  I came across a last minute Online auction about 65 miles from me....  Scored a Morgan Chicago fixed base vise for $40 (plus the gas to go get it and a couple other things like another storage cabinet)   Picking it up tomorrow as apparently the guy has to be out of the property by the end of the month....     He seems to have collected stuff from various auctions as he works as a regional rep. for the online auction house.