VEHICLES > Bikes/Trikes/Choppers/Scooters & etc.

Rear Main Seal on a 1993 BMW K75S

(1/3) > >>

stokester:
I've finally gotten around to taking care of that nagging small oil leak and am pulling the transmission on my BMW K75S.

The final drive is out and the next step is to pull the transmission.  As with most vehicles with over 75K miles and especially motorcycles this one needs other things as well.  I found a fuel return line with cracks and will be replacing other known items such as the fan and fuel pump damper which because of ethanol (thanks feds) breaks down and destroys an expensive pump.  After all the new parts it should be good for another 75K+ :)

Stay tuned for updates!

DeadNutz:
Can you buy ethanol free gas in your area? That is all that I run in my truck and small engines. Truck gets much better mileage and the carbs on all the small engines stay in good shape.

jabberwoki:
Yeah that ethanol is the Devils juice. I run real gas in the duke.

stokester:
To be honest the cracking on the fuel line is from age but the expected deterioration of the damper is certainly from the corn juice in the fuel. 

Alas there are no convenient nor easily available places for non-corn fuel for me. 

slip knot:
I found ethanol free at the fuel supplier. even sells it at a somewhat reasonable $2.68/ gallon. With 5 gasoline tractors, 2 mowers 3 onans and 2 welders ethanol fuel is a real pain for me.

75K on a motorcycle is almost unheard of around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version