VEHICLES > Bikes/Trikes/Choppers/Scooters & etc.

Schwinn s500 E- scooter project

(1/4) > >>

hickory n Steel:
My dad bought the scooter about 10 years ago ( inspection sticker says 5/12/08 ) and never rode it enough, so naturally by now the battery pack no longer works.
He gave it to me a while ago since he didn't feel like buying a new battery pack for it.
It took till now for me to do anything with it because I had to get the charger back from the neighbor, I gave him my kiddie razor scooter for his son last year and the wrong charger along with it  :-[
It got lost by the time I realized the charger I had in the garage was for the little scooter.
 He said it was lost lost but really he just had to actually look for it which only took a minute ::)

Well now that I've got the charger I can get around to it.
The battery pack was only $38 on eBay with free shipping, but the wiring harness was also shot and was $20 shipped.
$60 isn't bad to get it working, beyond that some basic customization will be in order which may or may not involve a few dollars.
Nothing fancy just additions so I can use it to run errands around my dinky little town when I don't feel like pedaling a bike.
Mostly just a way to tote packages, mail and anything I run to the hardware for.
It goes about 15mph iirc which isn't too bad.

I'll post pictures of anything I do to it.

john k:
Does sound interesting, post pics.

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: john k on June 10, 2019, 10:30:05 PM ---Does sound interesting, post pics.

--- End quote ---

I'll post a picture tomorrow, but so far I've just got a diy bottle holder attached to it, and a $3 HF plastic ammo box bolted to the back where I can store my charger, bike lock, and maybe a tool or two.
Now I'm trying to see if I can possibly build a little tow behind cart out of a milk crate using junk I already have laying around.
I don't think that's gonna happen so I'll probably end up buying a few things.

Basically there's really no good way to mount a large basket to it like you can a bike.

hickory n Steel:
Here's the scooter right now.

The cart will come later, I'm going to check Goodwill to see what I can find to work with, because I just can't come up with anything using what I've got laying around.

hickory n Steel:
My batteries and wiring harness are at the post office, so I'm off on my bike to see if they're available for me today.
Sometimes they're inconsistent on when a load has arrived early enough to be delivered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version