TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Post all of your latest tool buys here

(1/250) > >>

hickory n Steel:
This was originally just some screwdrivers I bought but then I bought something else today and posted it here, so I decided to change it.
Now instead of making a thread every time you pick something up, just post it here in this one.

I'm weak, if the local hardware has an American made tool I think I can use I'll buy it.
I'm not one of those " for what it is " types it may be a bit high for what I got but $26 won't break the bank.

Anyways here's what I bought, I didn't have a set of precision screwdrivers besides the little cheapie Stanley's  in my house box.

The butt caps all spin pretty freely , the shanks are all straight and the tips are very well ground.
I don't have tons of experience with precision screwdrivers as I'm no electronics tech or anything but I like them so far.
I'm thinking I'll come up with a rack for these that can attach to my begboard, maybe a piece of pvc with holes In it or something.

DeadNutz:
Those can really save the day when working on some items. They won't tear up the fasteners like the cheapie ones.

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: DeadNutz on July 22, 2019, 09:34:30 PM ---Those can really save the day when working on some items. They won't tear up the fasteners like the cheapie ones.

--- End quote ---
The little $3 Stanley sets have been good to me for occasional use, but they're really just good for the price.
These seem miles ahead.

hickory n Steel:
  Threw together a quick rack for them to sit on my work bench , I had the piece of plastic laying around so I don't really know but it looks a lot like PVC.

anyways they'll go on my workbench when i get cleaned off, I let it become a mess but I'm going to need it to work on a couple vintage airguns sometime next week or so.

Staying clean and organized with me reminds me of a Paul thorn song.
 //www.youtube.com/watch?v=95J2USiC3wkThis pretty much sums it up for me.

hickory n Steel:
I needed a punch for something earlier and decided i should go ahead and get a set instead of making do with whatever I've got so I picked these up at the hardware store.

In my limited experience with Dasco punches the backs are soft but the tips are fine, theyre priced  well so that's what I bought.

I also need a set of roll pin punches, but I think I'll splurge next week and spend the $40 on a 12pc set of Mayhews from Cripe distributing.
Since basically all roll pins are hard, I think it'll be worth it to go with the Mayhews.
The Dasco punches won't always be hitting hardened pins I don't imagine so they will be fine, but for airgun roll pins I want something better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version