TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MACHINE SHOP

New Drill Bit Sharpener

(1/4) > >>

GNAP:
Last Sunday Night, I finally broke down and bought a new motorized drill bit sharpener a MR-26A, that sharpens all bits between 13 - 26 mm (1/2” to 1-1/16”) drill bits.

It arrived at the home shop on Thursday, the wife bitched loudly, as it weighed 65#. The unit uses ER 40 collets (supplied withe the unit) to hold the drill bit accurately, while being sharpened. You set the diameter, set the drill in the collet chuck, then sharpen the drill bit, then you can split the point, if you want to.

Today I sharpened about 50 drill bits, ranging from 1/2” to 15/16”, I very impressed, with the ease of the procedure and the speed of the procedure. I did one 3/4” bit that looked like an enraged badger had gnawed on it and in less than a minute, it was better than new.

Welp!! I was so impressed, that after my phone conversation with MiloMilo, I bought the MR-13A version that does 3 - 13 mm (1/8” - 1/2”) drill bits. It should be here by next Friday.

slip knot:
Thats quite a bit nicer than my POS drill doctor.

If you need some more practice on it I can send you a couple hundred bits in various states of dullness.

DeadNutz:
That looks very nice and doesn't take up a lot of room.

skfarmer:
I don't think I want to know what it costs.

GNAP:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on November 01, 2020, 10:56:59 AM ---I don't think I want to know what it costs.

--- End quote ---

A little south of $300

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version