TOOLS AND THE SHOP > COMPRESSORS/AIR TOOLS/LINES FILTERS & MISC.

Post up your compressor(s) -

(1/6) > >>

goodfellow:
I have three -- a 60 gal. vertical V-twin PUMA that runs the main garage (it was advertised at 6HP, but in reality it's only 3HP continuous)

... a 2HP 30 gal vertical tandem twin Kobalt that runs the small machine shop next door to the garage,

and a really old (had it since the early 70's Montgomey Ward 1/2HP  7.5 gal portable

AnsonJ:
I have a 220volt Craftsman from the late 60s or 70's.  the story behind this compressor is that it was used as the machine shed shop air on my Grandpa and uncles farm up to the point when they retired and sold the farm in the early 2000s.  (grandpa was in his mid 80s by then and Grandma was not doing well healthwise.  as small as the compressor really is, I used it to paint one of his tractors in the mid 80s and my cousin painted another one with it.  He gave it to me around 2003 and it sat unused because I didn't have a 220 volt outlet free in my house in IL and the motor cannot be rewired to run 110v, then we moved to IN and did the apartment life thing for about 3 years.  When we bought this house in 2011, I specifically had a 220 volt outlet wired for it.  still works great.

I also have a small portable compressor that I have not even got out of the box yet, but it is good for airing up tires and running a small nailgun (which is what I got it for in the first place, but found that the 50' hose that I have on the old one reached pretty much anywhere I needed it to go for that project)

AJ

goodfellow:
That is the exact compressor I had for many years. It was a workhorse and it painted many cars. It ran in my shops for many years as I moved from apartments, to townhouses, and finally single family homes. A great quality machine, and it was very well made.

goodfellow:
Wow -- only two compressor posts since August!!! AnsonJ and I must be the only two guys on the forum that own compressors --  >:D >:D >:D

DeadNutz:
Only have pics of one of my compressors. It is a NAPA branded Bridgeport-Schrader 5hp 80gal tank that is like brand new. I bought the contents of a shop mainly to get the compressor. I also have a 220V Craftsman like the AnsonJ's along with a 120V that is similar to the Craftsman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version