TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Should we start a left hand thread post?

<< < (2/5) > >>

oldnslo:
Ohhh.....I thought this was about left handed tools. Was I wrong?

I submit my left handed scissors gifted to me from my mom as a young child, who (though she knew I was a lefty), I chose to operate scissors with my right hand.

Yes, I still have those "painful to operate in the wrong hand" scissors.

muddy:
I've often found even when designated as "left hand" tool usually are actually a pain for us lefties.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

bonneyman:
I don't know if it means anything, but most rifles I've seen seem to be designed for right handed people. Empty casings typically eject out the right side. A lefty shooting such rifles will have the casing elected right near their faces. Not a good thing in war when the primary weapon is odd to use by 10% of the people.   :017:

fatfillup:
The bulkhead nuts we use on water tanks are left handed thread. They are also asymmetrical, the nut will only go on one way.  Took me a few times to figure that out :91:

DeadNutz:

--- Quote from: bonneyman on April 27, 2021, 10:22:16 PM ---I don't know if it means anything, but most rifles I've seen seem to be designed for right handed people. Empty casings typically eject out the right side. A lefty shooting such rifles will have the casing elected right near their faces. Not a good thing in war when the primary weapon is odd to use by 10% of the people.   :017:

--- End quote ---

My brother did everything right handed except shooting a rifle. I believe it had to do with his left eye being the dominant eye. My parents bought him a left handed Remington 30-06 for deer hunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version