TOOLS AND THE SHOP > WELDING & METAL FABRICATION

New Welder

<< < (2/4) > >>

GNAP:

--- Quote from: john k on May 10, 2021, 10:33:49 PM ---I think it would help to add 3 - 4 feet to the tongue of that trailer.   Never looked at HF for trailers,  thinking something bigger would be better, like a snowmobile/motorcycle trailer?  If you have the storage .

--- End quote ---

I purposely bought the smallest trailer I could that would hold the welder. I knew backing up was going to be an issue. But storage space was a major concern, the leads and all of the other stuff, will be in the service van, what you see is all there is going to be......

bonneyman:
You do nice work Jack.  :great:

john k:
Seeing your other metal skills, just know you could fabricate a folding or removable tongue, and some flip down legs so it can be stored safely in a short spot.  Plus if it doesnt have a tongue, it couldnt walk away when not tended. Sorry to hear about the (W) phobia.

GNAP:

I got the trailer lights wired today and tested. Now all I need is the accessory whip from the service van’s factory trailer package wiring plug to the plug assembly for the hitch.

pep:
Nice one Jack..........

How is it mounted to the deck, any shocks on the puppy?

Some thing like this might help, that short tung & van will be a bear, little wiggle room 
  :-\ (none)

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_trailers-towing+trailer-dollies

Maybe attache it to the tung, raise and lower it like a landing gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version