General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

I'm surprised it's still in syndication

(1/2) > >>

hickory n Steel:
I was watching Gunsmoke,  " the bullet " pt2 and some girl who wasn't raised properly was telling Doc and Kitty about how bad guns are.
Doc says to her " Matt's gun has saved a lot more lives than it's ever taken " then " guns are a part of this life little lady, just the same as the breed of men who use them ".

I have never heard such a universally true and important pro gun message in any TV show,  and I am very surprised that this part of the episode ( which isn't really necessary to the plot ) hasn't been edited out or that the entire 2 part episode hasn't just been removed from syndication entirely.

There are a lot of great shows from the 60's as I'm sure you're all well aware of, and I'm sure you also know liberalism started to corrupt TV in the 70's.
I guess being a 1971 episode it had not been infected yet, not that I've seen an episode to date with liberal corruption.

bonneyman:
Luckily, the original Star Trek was so "diverse" - heck, Kirk even kissed Uhura - there's no worry about it being cancelled. I hope.

Until someone notices the Enterprise is painted white, so, such a racist ship has to be dumped!  :a102:

ken w.:
  I saw that episode today.

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: ken w. on May 20, 2021, 09:15:29 PM ---  I saw that episode today.

--- End quote ---
TV land ?
It was actually a 3 part episode BTW, I completely forgot that

daves_not_here:
Hell - I'd kiss Lt. Uhura EVERY day - and TWICE on Sundays.  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version