TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Need 3/8 flex head long handle.

<< < (4/4)

GNAP:
Apparently I’m one of the few, who does not want a locking flex head, I’d rather it be a bit “floppy”, than locked solid.

I have the Harbor Freight flex head shown, it been perfect for everything I’ve used it for.

TexasT:
I have picked up and fooled with the hf in the store but didn't pull the trigger. Looked and felt nice but I didn't for whatever reason.

Might be due to the snappy 3/8 drive locking unit in the drawer. It can be run either locked or floppy. Cost probably five or more times as much as the hf but I'm only buying one and I've had it probably twenty yrs and it works great and is a snappy that holds that value. Not for everyone I know.

And I've been buying some of these cheap chicom flex ratcheting wrenches and fixed ratcheting wrenches. They work great so far for way less than the Matco set I have in the drawer and I don't worry about losing or damaging the fancy ones.

I guess I need to break down and get the hf and put it to the test to see what it is about .

Great thread. Lots of good input!

ron350:
The sad thing is that I had to pull 4 of these HF ratchets off the display hook just to find one that the direction changer felt normal.

fatfillup:
put me in the camp of no locking flex head.  I do like detents though

muddy:
I prefer a locking flex that can also be unlocked and left "floppy". Such as Matco and Snap-on. I prefer the Matco locking design over the snap-on.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version