General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

Don't mess with the U.C.M.J.

<< < (4/4)

fatfillup:

--- Quote from: Heiny57 on June 22, 2021, 04:04:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: fatfillup on June 21, 2021, 04:38:21 PM ---Dude. That's over the top

--- End quote ---

Not really Phil. Look at the videos. 99 percent of the looters were black. Literally! Is it racist to tell the truth? And the shame of it all was most of the looting and destruction happened in their own minority communities.

--- End quote ---

Don't disagree that most of  the looters were black but H&S really painted the protesters with a broad brush implying all were looters.  I have to say something as that is wrong and racist.  We have the right in this country to protest peaceably and you shouldn't lump all the protestors in one group.

Being painted with a broad brush myself, I try to stand back and look at individual actions and seperate the bad apples from the group.

I am a professing Christian and have had many people tell me how they have been screwed over by Christians and consider all Christians to be the same.  well I have been screwed by Christians too but being a part of the group, I see how many good Christians there are and the fabulous things they do for others and know the bad ones are a small minority.  It sucks to be lumped in a group you don't belong just because you have something in common with them but not the bad attributes. 

I find it sad and hard to believe H&S's post wasn't taken down. 

One thing I find myself doing is moving more towards the center.  I am tired of the political fighting this country has sunken to and I blame both the far right and far left. Seems to be ample wingnuts on both ends of the spectrum

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
Phil, to address part of your comment, I don't know what the center is anymore.  If I state that I'm a conservative patriotic American who believes in God, family, and country, capitalism, the Bill of Rights (especially the 2nd amendment), the founding fathers, and that anyone can be successful in this country by working hard, etc, I would be classified as a right wing racist white supremacist, old man that doesn't recognize or understand his privilege who's out of touch with society by the average twenty year old, as well as the mainstream media.

walrus:

--- Quote from: fatfillup on June 23, 2021, 10:26:50 AM ---

I find it sad and hard to believe H&S's post wasn't taken down. 

One thing I find myself doing is moving more towards the center.  I am tired of the political fighting this country has sunken to and I blame both the far right and far left. Seems to be ample wingnuts on both ends of the spectrum

--- End quote ---

I don't find it hard to believe at all.

fatfillup:

--- Quote from: Lookin4_67GalaxieConv on June 23, 2021, 03:27:14 PM ---Phil, to address part of your comment, I don't know what the center is anymore.  If I state that I'm a conservative patriotic American who believes in God, family, and country, capitalism, the Bill of Rights (especially the 2nd amendment), the founding fathers, and that anyone can be successful in this country by working hard, etc, I would be classified as a right wing racist white supremacist, old man that doesn't recognize or understand his privilege who's out of touch with society by the average twenty year old, as well as the mainstream media.

--- End quote ---

That is exactly why I am tired of either extreme, there is no center ground if you listen to the hype.  I would describe myself quite similarly as you do yourself though I am more towards center then I used to be. 

As to the media, you are correct but the right wing media says similarly disparaging things about the left and lump them all together too.  That is why I am tired of the fighting.  NOthing changes.  I don't want to be on either extreme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version