General Category > GENERAL DISCUSSION TO INCLUDE OFF TOPIC

Has anyone seen Jori's video about SK

(1/2) > >>

Fins/413:
Jori and his dad posted this recently. Here is a link.  //www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5WoDh7Cfjs

bonneyman:
Yep, heard about it over at the other site yesterday. Strong rumor from dependable sources, but no "official" announcement.
If true it would be the end of an era, though on a positive note S-K has been bought and sold several times over the years. Even to a foreign company (Facom in 1985). But the Chinese buying up everything in sight is depressing. Can't one American company have the foresight to save a venerable manufacturer and keep it domestic? The mark of capitalism I guess - making profit.

They been sliding over the past few years, their new ratchet design and ratcheting box wrenches just not lighting the fires of buyer. I think if the sale goes thru then vintage, used S-K stuff is going to act like Craftsman did - go stratospheric on prices. Glad I started building my spare S-K socket set when I did. Just lacking 2 pieces and it's complete.

jabberwoki:
Long time no hear Fins, how ya been mate?

goodfellow:
Glad to see you post again Fins. As far as SK is concerned, it's downright depressing news. Sorry to hear that another great American tool brand is being sold to Chinese interests.

Fins/413:
Hanging in there guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version