General Category > GENERAL DISCUSSION TO INCLUDE OFF TOPIC

Everything 1/4dr

(1/29) > >>

hickory n Steel:
I tend to use 1/4dr more than anything, plus the ratchets are small and cool and generally affordable to acquire so I have a lot of interest in 1/4dr.

I'll start this off with something different I just came across,  I think it's a UK brand though so availability here may be limited.

The brand is Sabrecut.

Theres the MRSCO4

And the MRSCO5

A pretty cool little 1/4 ratchet, square or hex drive, with what appears to be a 1/4 flex head or " breaker bar " on the other end.

I can't find any information that says but you'd think it flexes.
The only concern is those hex bosses protruding through the body of the tool that could mean it fixed, maybe they had to affix a tool steel anvil in place because the body of the ratchet is stainless steel ?

It would be pretty cool if it did flex.

hickory n Steel:
The WRIGHT 2426 is probably my favorite 1/4 ratchet,  I just love the contour grip in general really.

hickory n Steel:
How does Cornwells 1/4 ratchet feel in hand ?
Is the selector style on their classic design awkward at all as opposed to the lever selector found on most pearhead and teardrop ratchets?
I imagine it's just like operating a roundhead which I'm fine with, but I could  be completely
wrong because I've never handled one.

I've been interested for awhile and I just bought a gently used TR301 off Ebay to try out.
The certainly look like a nice tool, though admittedly I'd probably rather have the 72 tooth with the more typical lever selector.

bonneyman:
Nice ergo ratchets! I have a MATCO 1/4"er in that style and it's very nice.    :great:

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: bonneyman on December 02, 2021, 01:21:21 PM ---Nice ergo ratchets! I have a MATCO 1/4"er in that style and it's very nice.    :great:

--- End quote ---
A rebranded WRIGHT if I'm not mistaken.

It's kind of funny, I liked that 1 $35 ratchet so much that I spent about $400 to build a set around it.
From the flex head ratchet,  flex handle, spinner handle, extensions sockets standard and deep sae and metric, that's about the first time one tool has inspired me to really go all out and build a set around it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version