General Category > GENERAL DISCUSSION TO INCLUDE OFF TOPIC

Everything 1/4dr

<< < (29/29)

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: muddy on January 08, 2024, 09:26:08 PM ---Nice collection!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Thanks,  there's a few here that don't pop up too often which I'm glad to have.

hickory n Steel:
I still have yet to ever see a Blackhawk 24991 ratchet on Ebay or really anywhere online since I became an admitted active 1/4 ratchet collector/ accumulator, let alone a 19nd nuggies set or any piece of a set.

My ultimate goal is to be able to replicate the 19nd nuggies set because of how unlikely it'll be to actually get one, plus I really wanted to prove that the set wasn't actually that special.
As it turns out they really were that special, other companies had a very small 1/4 ratchet and other companies made small wrenches but nobody else ( maybe Snapon has, but that'll be too pricey) but Blackhawk made both let alone sufficient options for the other tools in the 19nd set.

I'm half tempted to go Taiwanese because the Titan micro roto head is the perfect ratchet candidate and I'm sure there's some affordable Taiwanese stubby wrenches out there.

To be clear I have no realistic hope of ever owning the 19nd set,  but I do expect a 24991 ratchet to pop up eventually at a reasonable enough price.

hickory n Steel:
I just got this Litton industries pocket socket in the mail.

Yes it's a gimmick novelty tool, but the quality is not junk and it actually makes a pretty nice lithium wheel ratchet.

I scored it for really cheap because one of the original sockets was supposedly missing and replaced with a random 6mm, but all of the original sockets are actually there and in unused condition.
I don't know if they had more than one to sell or just found the missing socket or what but I'm glad they were all there.

bonneyman:
Me likey!   :great:

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: bonneyman on April 15, 2024, 07:09:31 PM ---Me likey!   :great:

--- End quote ---
It even uses the Kilness patent New Britain mechanism too, and for a gimmick tool like this they did not have to do that.
A typical cheap S•K or WRIGHT type design could have sufficed, but I guess it makes sense since they had the NB tooling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version