TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MACHINE SHOP

Filled a Prescription from Jab's Doctor

<< < (2/3) > >>

pep:
That is some grinder, tossed out the drill doctor and now replaced ......... :-\

gtermini:

--- Quote from: pep on March 18, 2023, 06:55:23 AM ---That is some grinder, tossed out the drill doctor and now replaced ......... :-\

--- End quote ---

It would make short work of 3"+ drills. Now I need a bigger drill press...  :hee20hee20hee:

bmwrd0:
Glad to see something from that great shop going to someone good.

Damn shame what is happening.

goodfellow:
Simply "Wow"!!!! What an amazing machine. Glad you were able to save it from the recycler and actually have a good use for it. Congratulations!

gtermini:
There's still some interest for the machines. Nothing went for scrap that I could tell. The big #5 K&T vertical was bought by the railroad museum in Grapevine, Texas I was told, and they were planning to send it out for full rebuild. I think they have more money than God to spend since they sent two guys up here, rented a big riggers forklift, and chartered a semi to haul it away.

The Blanchard grinder was bought by a local shop owner I have been working for. There was no other interest in it and he was able to buy it at opening bid, under scrap price. It's around 16k pounds. Cost $1000 (ouch) for a rollback tow truck to haul it to his shop after we moved it outside on skates. I think he'll be able to put it to good use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version