TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

Case MXM timing pin

(1/2) > >>

plewlandsbob:
Hi
Does anyone, have one of these, Case timing pins, part no.380000172.
I have a fuel pump job , coming off and would like to get the dimensions, of the pin, to get one made. It is not available, from CNH.

Customer, got someone else to fit a replacement pump and  timing is off. Tractor smokes heavily and has no power. When customer complained, the response, was to increase the fuel delivery, to give it more power!

Thanks guys

Midnitemack:
Hi Bob , nice to see you posting, there’s a good bunch of guys here !
You might find someone in this FB group could help you with your problem…….

https://m.facebook.com/groups/182754185647662/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF

Mark in NZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddy:
Maybe find a local CaseIH that you deal with frequently and see if they would lend you the tool. Don't forget to buy the service department lunch sometime if they do lend you the tool.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

plewlandsbob:

--- Quote from: muddy on July 24, 2023, 09:01:58 PM ---Maybe find a local CaseIH that you deal with frequently and see if they would lend you the tool. Don't forget to buy the service department lunch sometime if they do lend you the tool.

The local dealer, has only been , Case for 6 years. They don't have special tools, for older tractors. They get them, when they need them..

Tried the previous dealer, but they don't have one ,any more.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

--- End quote ---

Elroy:
do you have general idea of the gauge ball diameter. is that tractor imperial ? looks like that gauge pilots into a hole and presents a gauge ball. measure the pilot bore in the housing and scale the gauge ball diameter. round your results to the nearest fraction sae. that ball might end up as 1/4   :34:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version