General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

Google is your friend

(1/2) > >>

pep:
Is often touted by the so-called browser experts,  and the google user I paste the following.

Who knows some could be in for a 5k payout, now that I have got your attention have a read VVV

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/technology/google-settles-lawsuit-tracking-people-incognito-mode

goodfellow:
Never ever trust Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, or any of the other dozen large software, media, and financial services companies. They are all corrupt and only want to make money off of your information and your spending/browsing patterns. None of them are honest in their dealings with the average user.

jabberwoki:
Yeah but who gets the cash us the victims?
... sure

pep:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on December 30, 2023, 09:43:11 AM ---Never ever trust Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, or any of the other dozen large software, media, and financial services companies. They are all corrupt and only want to make money off of your information and your spending/browsing patterns. None of them are honest in their dealings with the average user.

--- End quote ---

I agree on the ones in bold, Amazon ? Not sure how they affect me as I just use them as a store.

Microsoft & Apple and are trying to make their software subscriptions accessible only, BTW started with Apple & their locked OS & iTUNES, and so on.

Not allowing the user to own, forces the user to update. The problem with that is as follows. Most, or a lot of older software, & apps will work without constant updates just fine.

Kindly do not confuse the software & app updates with processor & OS updates.

The only MUST for software updates is when MS or Apple. Changes one of 2 things, develops and manufactures a new processor (CPU) or total OS rewrites.

So, software subscriptions earn more $$ paying every month for access/usage. Where the owner can run any software or application until they decide to buy a new machine.

Rusty:
I've gotten to the point I use Yandex most of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version