General Category > POLITICS (IF YOU DO NOT LIKE POLITICS, THEN DON'T GO IN HERE!

Demise for the push for Green Energy.. I see American's are finally waking up!

(1/3) > >>

oldcarguy:
In general most Green Energy stocks are falling faster then Joe Biden' popularity.

The sales for EV has been fading as well. No intelligent person would invest in one today. Indeed there was hype, but it's the rich that were purchasing them. Or a college professor that think they're saving the planet. with big Government subsidies. While with Bidenflation the average person cannot afford to pay $20,000.00 premium for a battery. Let alone a loaf of bread!

Look at the two recent London fires from EV busses. The city was quick to pull off all EV buses. Fires are common place with EV's...

Hertz Car Rental's are selling off 20,000 Tesla's replacing them with gas powered cars. No one cares to rent them.

Anybody see that the recent cold weather in Chicago has caused many to abandon their EV's because they cannot find a charger or cannot be charged at all in frigid temperatures.

I had a fun time with a Tesla owner asking to sit in my nice warm motor home on I77 in a huge snow storm. While his gas saving EV was dead during a four hour backup. No one moved an inch. Yet I had 150 gallons of diesel in my coach. That could provide warmth for over a month! For that matter I could wait out the winter!

Indeed we should strive for the best mileage for new vehicles. But I think a better push would be increase our oil production. And decrease the price of fuel under $2.00 per gallon. Now that makes sense and would be good for the working person.

TexasT:
trust me when I say, those in power only want votes from us commoners(and after that last election I'm not even sure that matters any more). what is best for the working people isn't even on their agenda.

fatfillup:

--- Quote from: oldcarguy on January 16, 2024, 07:22:09 PM ---
Indeed we should strive for the best mileage for new vehicles. But I think a better push would be increase our oil production. And decrease the price of fuel under $2.00 per gallon. Now that makes sense and would be good for the working person.

--- End quote ---

Lot to unpack here

And always remember, if something is good for one group, there most likely is another group for whom it will be bad

$2/GAL gas would be good for the working person, especially the lower income folks.
BUT, we can't produce $2 gas in this country.  When it dropped that low, the wells were shut down, no profit or not enough.  Don't know where the good number is for the domestic producers but likely $70 a barrel or so.

Now, increasing production would be great for jobs, and better yet, build new refineries and pipe lines.
And we can't look just at oil.  Nuclear would solve a lot of problems, and create some too.  And any other promising effective ways to generate power.  Lots of employment opportunity there, if it could happen. 

As to the EV's.  I am a fan but not an owner.  Very well could be one day but the deal would have to be great.  Note, I would still hae an ICE or 3 in the stable.  I have seen stats that EV's catch on fire about the same rate as other vehicles, just the fires are far worse.  I know, you can find stats that say anything you want but I think its close.  Have talked with a few owners and they are passionate about their Teslas. 

Owning an EV requires a different thinking about using your car, especially if it's your only one and lots of folks choose not to want to change and that is fine.  And some that purchase never adjusted their patterns and had issues in the cold.  But I am willing to bet there were far more that ran in Chicago then didn't.

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

slip knot:
I think the EV market will eventually come around. Its still a fledgling technology with lots of potential for failure that need to be resolved. I think the biggest issue is that the Gov. is mandating we make changes. Thats where the rub is. The more you tell me i must do something the more I'm going to resist.

Green energy is viable in certain instances. But its limited potential needs to be addressed and admitted. The Feds are forcing it on us and its creating some major issues. I see what happened in Texas a few years back. our electrical grid was headed to failure during a winter storm and the electric companies started going offline due to overloaded systems. One of the major reasons was the Fed had mandated that 25% of your generation had to be renewable energy. Those renewables crashed during that winter storm and the grid crashed along with it. Now Texas has a proliferation of diesel generators scattered across the state to bring online when trouble occurs. We still have our 25% renewables but there are diesel generators spinning electricity during bad weather. I've got a grid tied 1.3 MW generator at my office that ran @40 hours the past weeks cold spell. Converting diesel into electricity is very foolish and very expensive. And its us rate payers that take it in the butt.

Renewable energy should not be considered firm energy.

Uncle Buck:
I hope to either be too old to drive anymore, or dead before the total demise of the ICE. I have absolutely zero interest in driving,  let alone owning an EV. I don't even care how well EV's operate in the future once the bigs are worked out, I am just that disinterested in the whole idea. To me, all EV's are nothing more than a glorified cordless drill with wheels! Again, to me, I find the whole thing absolutely reprehensible.

Honestly,  every story I read about EV problems with those on the road today pleases me greatly.

Despite my distain for EV's I know they will soon render ICE obsolete. I just hope there are enough setbacks to the technology just a few more decades.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version