TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

Let's talk "Brass" --

<< < (3/3)

Uncle Buck:
WOW! Gary in the house! Man I would love to see more posts from you! I looked back at my old post too. Since then I got a very nice Snap-on hammer. I guess I will tell how, though I will likely get dogged hard for what I did. Several years ago I hauled some scrap to the  metal dump yard and like I always do perused the pile for goodies to haul home. That day I hit the motherlode. I loaded one or two five gallon buckets full of many Snap on, Blackhawk and Proto large wrenches,  specialty tools like nut crackers, taps and dies (all large sizes and USA made) large AT&SF marked chisels, and assorted other tools. One of those tools was a nice sized brass hammer. The hammer like other SO deadblow hammers I have had in the past had lost most of its plastic handle and other covering and was reduced to a partial handle with no plastic remaining on the head. At that time, I had a good in with a route driver so I turned it in for a replacement.  So ya, I will admit that I did what I have always agreed is unethical and turned in a tool that was not purchased by me for replacement.  Yup, I did wrong. Yes, I ended up with a very nice SO brass hammer to match my decent old brass punches none of which have ever seen hard use. Sadly, I don't regret it that much. I rationalize my lack of integrity by remembering several times through the years that I got less than satisfying results from Snap-on on returns of several tools that I had bought new and returned for warranty. I guess I still feel like I got some pay back for the times I felt they cheated me. Not right,  I know, but I still don't regret it. 

Gary, I hope you stick around! UB

lauver:
Gang,

It's good to be back and good to see this site is working again.

My twin girls have both graduated from college, both have jobs, and seem to be having fun in the house they share.  We're going up to see them for thanksgiving. I'll try to post a little more frequently in the near future.

Uncle Buck:
Man that would be great Gary! Have a safe and super Turkey day if we don't here from you again before  then!

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: lauver on November 17, 2023, 09:38:39 PM ---Gang,

My twin girls have both graduated from college, both have jobs, and seem to be having fun in the house they share.  We're going up to see them for thanksgiving. I'll try to post a little more frequently in the near future.

--- End quote ---

Wow = graduated college! I remember when you used talk about them when they were in their "little girl" phase. Congrats Gary -- you raised two independent productive women. That's not so easy these days.

fatfillup:

--- Quote from: lauver on November 17, 2023, 09:38:39 PM ---Gang,

--- End quote ---

Congrats on getting them through school, employed and out of the house :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version