TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

Let's talk "Brass" --

<< < (2/3) > >>

goodfellow:
Hey  -- great to see you back lauver. Always enjoy your insights into good 'ol tools.

Yeah, those brass beauties are looking a little rougher these days, but then again, so am I -- LOL. It's nice to find good vintage brass hammers and put them back in good usable shape. That said, HF has some real smokin' deals on old school wood handled brass a couple of times a year. If you're not too concerned about country of origin, then some of the Taiwanese and Chinese offerings are very useful.

fatfillup:
Hey Gary, it is good to see you back.  How are the twins doing.  I assume they are out of school by now.

john k:
I have 2 brass hammers,  used them for years.  At fleas, habitat, estate sales, I always search the tool areas first,  been lucky to acquire a nice set of ball pens, and blacksmith hammers  for pennies when compared to new.  20 minutes with a draw knife can turn old busted handles into custom ones that fit my hands.

oldnslo:
I have a decent collection of (non ferrous), brass, alu, copper, lead, and poly/resin hammers in addition to the rubber kind. I can say I dont pass those up when I see them at yard sales, and the hammer drawer seems to prove that out.

Each one scratches it's own unique itch. 

Crispycritter:
When i cleaned up my jobs shop i found 2 or 3 brass hammer heads with snapped off handles in the scrap pile i asked my dadwhat the story on them was and apparently the guy i replaced was hard on his hammers and when he broke the handle hed just buy a whole new hammer and scrap the remain so they got put in my box till i buy some handles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version