VEHICLES > DAILY DRIVERS/GROCERY GETTERS

Texting and driving a '97 Dodge 2500 vs Toyota 4Runner

(1/5) > >>

stokester:
This morning my wife was stopped in the right-hand lane with her turn signal on to turn left to her work and was struck from behind by the driver of a pickup doing between 35 and 40 mph.  The impact pushed her truck about 30' down the road and thankfully no-one was injured.

The young driver was on his way to school and was "not paying attention" and plowed into the rear of our 2008 4Runner.  I cannot imagine if she had been driving an econobox or if it was me on my motorcycle.

A visit to the bodyshop and a brief discussion raised my hope that this would not be deemed a total loss and it could be repaired.  Because he had a brush guard and the frame was not tweaked it appears that the hatch, bumper and bumper cover, rear floor and rear quarter panel will be the major components to be replaced.  This is a great truck and chances of finding another one in such good shape and maintained properly is slim as these are coveted my many of the off-roaders.  I was amazed at the asking prices.

goodfellow:
That stinks! I'm glad your wife is OK, but a nice older 4-Runner in good shape and well maintained is a rarity (unless you're willing to part with a whole lot of cash). I wish you "Good Luck!!" in dealing with the insurance company. Being a 2008, I'm not sure they will opt to fix it, BUT given the sturdiness of that vehicle they may decide in your favor. 

J.A.F.E.:
Glad your wife was not hurt.  Was she shaken up much?

muddy:
Glad she is ok! That 4-runner took the hit pretty nicely actually

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

daves_not_here:
Glad the Mrs. is ok.

What did the little punk have to say after this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version