TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

Hoppe’s #9?

(1/3) > >>

Conductor562:
I’ve been using Hoppe’s my whole life. I’ve tried other stuff over the years, but always came back to Hoppe’s. It’s always worked great and the smell....well, that’s just what guns are sopposed to smell like.

That said, the last couple bottles I’ve bought just don’t seem to have the punch that it used to. Has anybody else noticed this, or am I imagining it? Maybe they’ve had to tweak their formula to avoid a Prop 65 warning or something?

goodfellow:
It's been going the same route as many others -- downhill. I think the EPA gets on these companies backs and they start looking for alternative ingredients that meet their new mandates. I often use the old Ed's Red DIY solution on stubborn leading and fouling problems

bmwrd0:
I go to enough estate sales and garage sales so that when I see a bottle I pick it up. Usually, it is a good 20 years or older one. This is keeping it cheap and effective for me.

muddy:
My bottle is pretty old and still seems to work great. Agreed Hoppes 9 is THE gun oil.

I'll have to pickup a new bottle and see if I notice a difference.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

DeadNutz:
I grew up with the wonderful smell of Hoppe's #9. It is part of my soul and I still use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version