Author Topic: Don't Tempt Me!  (Read 2697 times)

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Don't Tempt Me!
« on: May 10, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
This is at an auction tomorrow. I'm trying to push the bad ideas out of my head about going. I do not need it in my life right now, but boy howdy it's sweet!

Greyson

Offline Matt_T

Re: Don't Tempt Me!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
You should definitely get it. Then slap a couple axles under that connex box you just bought and paint it to match ;D

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »
Nice bulldog. The only thing that would stop me is how tough it would be to register a commercial vehicle there. Here in NV it was a pain to register our International as they consider it a commercial vehicle. They wanted a tax ID number, fuel permit, DOT number and host of other crap. So it is registered as an RV since it is a horse rig. Now it is limited to 25,500# GVW and the rig weighs 20,000# empty which means the six draft horse trailer can only haul two drafts and gear. Also restricted from winning premiums or cash in any shows. PITA

Offline gtermini

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:32:09 PM »
Playing with the DOT is another reason I don't need it. There's a state cop around here that like to take smoke breaks by throwing jump scales under anything that looks over 8k lbs unloaded. Best thing would be for a guy to put antique plates on it. They limit you to 2500 mi a year and neuter the GVW (ie you better not get caught pulling a radio flyer wagon with it), but are pretty immune to hassle for Sunday cruising. It has truck plates (limited mileage tax, 30k gross & under) on it in the picture, so it was legal for working.

I want to go just to see what drivetrain is in it. Probably left the factory with a Thermodyne 673 and a Triplex box.

You really should question the sanity of any man that wants to spend all day staring at a Bulldog's arsehole...

Greyson

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
In these parts it would get farm plates. Just dont venture over 200 miles away from home with it. I expect to see pictures on here by Monday morning once you get it home.  :))

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »
Nice old Dog. I'd throw a set of farm plates on it as well.

Farm tags get you out of a lot of trouble around here. But my CDL just heaps it right back on.

Offline gtermini

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »
They don't hand out freedom (farm) plates here without considerable land and business holding records anymore. I do not qualify currently, but not for lack of trying. lol

If I go tomorrow, I'm not getting a number... famous last words

Greyson

Offline Midnitemack

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »
Can you post a link to the auction page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 08:04:26 PM »
Well if you don't get that one there's one by me that has the 2 stick tranny an a whopping big winch on it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:13:05 PM by jabberwoki »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
Cool truck. Guy must have just been using it like a pickup. Only singles on the rear.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 11:27:37 PM »
I know that place, I bought my wife a new jewelry box at an estate sale there. Somebody had more money than brains, but good taste.