Author Topic: Test, just a test  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Thomasdat

Test, just a test
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »
Hello. And Bye.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: Test, just a test
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:53:33 PM »
Listen ! you need to cut the length of your post some, takes forever to read them.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »
No shit Pep, my coffee got cold wading through that massive volumetric posting.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 10:52:54 PM »
No worries another banned spammer.

I'll delete this thread in a day or so after you guys have a chance to see it.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 11:03:22 PM »
So what`s the goal for these dickheads?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:17 AM »
I believe many are interested in inserting links into their username profiles. Some show as a sig line and some not. The links are seen by search engine bots as outgoing links and raise the page ranking on search engines for those sites. No one wants to be on on page 348 of a search everyone wants to be on the first page - after all who goes deeper than three or four pages usually? One of the ways the search engines rank sites is by how many outgoing links other sites have to them. Even if the username is banned the links are usually left intact so they still count - the bots can still see them.

So if you hire someone to raise your search results ratings most likely someone somewhere is spamming places with your site as it's probably the cheapest and most common method.

The spam too even though it looks like nonsense at times the spammers are inserting keywords and links the bots catalog and sometimes it might have been written with a Russian or keyboard that uses different characters than the common Latin alphabets. So sometimes what looks like gibberish or odd characters is what you see. The bots though see the character codes not the characters. So if you post contains say "Snappie" vs "Snap-on" one gets ignored and the other counts as a hit and contributes to the ranking score of that brand name. That's why in slip knots creeper thread I didn't want to use the name of that company that made the creeper Tammy was modeling on.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 04:04:09 PM »
Goodbye jerk.