Author Topic: What's in your tool box? Post up pics!  (Read 21765 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: What's in your tool box? Post up pics!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2018, 02:01:04 AM »
Plier drawer of my SnapOn working box, and the 3/8 drive drawer with standards,  I kept the metrics separate,  didn't want any friction to develop between them and the SAE sizes.
Is that a paintball there in your pliers drawer ?

Must be some special purpose I've never heard of   ;D
Always lookin' to learn

Snaparxon

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »
Pliers

Snaparxon

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2018, 08:06:30 AM »
Special tools

Offline john k

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
Hickory,  no paint ball, don't own one.   There has accumulated a lot of misc in the box, clips, springs, etc.   Things found in used trucks, even tools!  Always returned the better ones, but when the postage would cost more than a replacement it stayed here.   Contractor trucks traded in always returned the best finds,  fasteners, electrical and the best, a DeWalt angle grinder.   Was frozen down in the ice in the bed,  when it dried for two weeks,  worked fine, still does. 

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »
Hickory,  no paint ball, don't own one.   There has accumulated a lot of misc in the box, clips, springs, etc.   Things found in used trucks, even tools!  Always returned the better ones, but when the postage would cost more than a replacement it stayed here.   Contractor trucks traded in always returned the best finds,  fasteners, electrical and the best, a DeWalt angle grinder.   Was frozen down in the ice in the bed,  when it dried for two weeks,  worked fine, still does.
It's actually in the socket drawer towards the top just to the right of that speeder, it's yellow and green. Looks 100% like a paintball to me, maybe not but it could've ended up in there somehow.

Who cares though, the tools are the important part anyways.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline john k

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
Ok, I see it, is a rubber ball.  Keep finding them in trade ins.  Keep some to toss at other guys when they are goofing off.   Also find if I bounce one for a bit, and catch it, really helps keep me focused.  Sort of gets the mind in gear again. 

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »
Ok, I see it, is a rubber ball.  Keep finding them in trade ins.  Keep some to toss at other guys when they are goofing off.   Also find if I bounce one for a bit, and catch it, really helps keep me focused.  Sort of gets the mind in gear again.
Makes perfect sense , I used to have a jar full and bouncing them is definitely good for focus.
Always lookin' to learn

Snaparxon

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
My box I carry in my Jeep

Snaparxon

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 08:36:50 PM »
The box and tools in the shed

Offline muddy

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
What do for a living. Assuming mechanic, just wondering what field (automotive, industrial, etc)

Ag for 20 years, now forklifts, semi's, truck mounted cranes etc. Got tired of working 6-7 days a week and long hours in the summer time. Now I have week-ends off year round

Was Ag for about 5 years. Then rental (anything and everything) now forklifts.

Miss the ag loved splitting tractors and tearing hydro motors apart.

Forklifts weren't too difficult to learn, propane has been a new learning experience though ::)

Yep other then the fuel system it's same basic concepts.

Snaparxon

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 08:19:28 PM »
What do for a living. Assuming mechanic, just wondering what field (automotive, industrial, etc)

Ag for 20 years, now forklifts, semi's, truck mounted cranes etc. Got tired of working 6-7 days a week and long hours in the summer time. Now I have week-ends off year round

Was Ag for about 5 years. Then rental (anything and everything) now forklifts.

Miss the ag loved splitting tractors and tearing hydro motors apart.

Forklifts weren't too difficult to learn, propane has been a new learning experience though ::)

Yep other then the fuel system it's same basic concepts.
I got luck and found a guy that knows propane forklifts very well. His parts are spendier than some other places but his knowledge and patience is worth the extra. ;)