Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 683085 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2130 on: May 08, 2021, 09:33:31 PM »
Planting soybeans.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2131 on: May 08, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »
Planting soybeans.
How's planting season going so far? No hiccups? My brother in law out a new drive setup on his 7200 and seems to be happy with it so far.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2132 on: May 10, 2021, 10:24:16 PM »
After work I knocked out this holster for a prewar Benjamin model 177 front pump air pistol that I recently resealed.

It's a about middle of the road for me with retro leather work, I've done worse but I've also done better before.
It's usually the stitching where I tend to get a bit sloppy.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2133 on: May 12, 2021, 11:43:46 AM »
Had to repair the evap cooler today. The relay package I created to let an A/C thermostat run an evaporative cooler had the time delay relay go out. Of course it wasn't made to work in a moist environment like a cooler but it's lasted several years of use. So I ain't complaining. $78 and change (I'm thankful the dealers will still sell to me even though I dropped my contractors license years ago). To be honest it was harder getting up on and off the roof than the actual repair work.

McGyver at work again!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2134 on: May 12, 2021, 02:14:05 PM »
Good job George! Finding an good AC repair person around here is very hard. All they want to do is sell you expensive parts, electronic boards, or new units.

I just painted  and cleaned my condenser unit last week. I cleaned the evaporator last year and hope it’s good enough to last another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2135 on: May 12, 2021, 02:53:04 PM »
Good job George! Finding an good AC repair person around here is very hard. All they want to do is sell you expensive parts, electronic boards, or new units.

I just painted  and cleaned my condenser unit last week. I cleaned the evaporator last year and hope it’s good enough to last another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kinda strange. Going into the warehouses I tend to get this, "I thought you had died" look. Guess there's an internet rumor going around.  :))

Been a busy couple of months around the house. All three sinks started leaking, then one of the toilets, water pipe leak, then the water heater and now the cooler. Fridge is on the blink, too. When it rains it pours!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2136 on: May 12, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
Found this when I came home yesterday from the store. The Leopard Lizard had a Great Basin Fence Lizard also known as a Bluebelly gripped tight in his mouth. The black lizard was still occasionally moving but it was grabbed in the throat. I had to shoo the lizard off the driveway so I could pull in the garage. The 2nd pic was about an hour later and I don't know if he got the whole thing down but he had moved somewhere later on.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2137 on: May 13, 2021, 11:07:44 PM »
Found this when I came home yesterday from the store. The Leopard Lizard had a Great Basin Fence Lizard also known as a Bluebelly gripped tight in his mouth. The black lizard was still occasionally moving but it was grabbed in the throat. I had to shoo the lizard off the driveway so I could pull in the garage. The 2nd pic was about an hour later and I don't know if he got the whole thing down but he had moved somewhere later on.
Nature is so cool

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2138 on: May 18, 2021, 09:04:12 PM »
Been getting a lot of rain around here. The rivers going to have a pretty significant rise, 29.4ft crest is predicted for  Thursday. That puts about 2/3s of my place under water. My brother, a buddy from work and myself spent a miserably wet afternoon moving equipment and cows to high ground. Everything should be safe where its at now. It was raining so hard even the mosquitoes didn't venture out. :lol_hitting:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2139 on: May 18, 2021, 10:14:21 PM »
Stay safe Curtis and I hope you don't suffer too much damage.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2140 on: May 20, 2021, 09:57:58 PM »
Unhooked and drained the hoses for the possible freeze tonight. Wife got home from work a little late and we left the house at 6pm and drove down to the airport for dinner on dry roads. Left the airport cafe at 7:30pm and drove home in the snowstorm. Roads were just wet as they still have heat in them but the ground and houses are covered in snow and it is still snowing good and may continue all night. You have to love NV in May.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2141 on: May 20, 2021, 10:02:10 PM »
Unhooked and drained the hoses for the possible freeze tonight. Wife got home from work a little late and we left the house at 6pm and drove down to the airport for dinner on dry roads. Left the airport cafe at 7:30pm and drove home in the snowstorm. Roads were just wet as they still have heat in them but the ground and houses are covered in snow and it is still snowing good and may continue all night. You have to love NV in May.
It's been in the 80s the past three days here, gonna continue into the weekend at least. Two weeks ago it was low 50s.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2142 on: May 20, 2021, 10:30:00 PM »
I bought a NOS, Brooks Professional saddle (bicycle), a rusty High Lift jack for $15 and a Vespa. It was a good day.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2143 on: May 21, 2021, 06:34:35 AM »
Watched my sons car run on the Dyno. About 415 average.

Slick big screen Dyno display, that's a new one  :great:  Is your son checking an update of a mod or grabbing a baseline before ?

If I remember he driving a vet ?

1776 ................... what happened!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2144 on: May 21, 2021, 10:58:52 AM »
Was going to mow the lawn this morning, but decided against it. Too many cicadas on the ground and they are attracted to noise. Not only would I get bombarded by the flying ones, but I'd make a mess mowing over the crawling ones and the dead ones. Not worth it!

At this point everything crawls on the ground. It's literally a seething, teaming ocean of insects, and the male mating sound is getting louder everyday. The closest I can describe it is if you saw the original 1950's movie War of the Worlds and the sound that the space ships made while hovering over the ground. That's the loud droning noise you hear during the day. It's non-stop and coming from all directions.

Go to 1:10 minute into the clip and the sound is what it sounds like around here all day. Maybe the sound effect engineers for this movie recorded the cicada mating sound and enhanced it to make it appropriate for this movie?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:13:26 AM by goodfellow »