Author Topic: Anybody heard of "Jack of all Sprays"?  (Read 5867 times)

Offline bonneyman

Anybody heard of "Jack of all Sprays"?
« on: August 05, 2020, 10:55:17 PM »
Supposedly like WD-40 but with no odor and bio-degradable. I sent the company an email looking for a local distributor. I'm willing to give the stuff a try.

Anybody heard of it or used it?

https://www.jackofallsprays.com/

Offline walrus

Re: Anybody heard of "Jack of all Sprays"?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 06:47:06 AM »
Comparing it to WD40 won't get me to buy it  .

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
Sticking with the WD myself, as a side the flip straw was a huge mistake POS. I let the compony know it. With a phone call, asshat tried to sales pitch me. Told her I did not want to hear BS.

Clowns, CAD applications , and the so called new and not improved ideas. :021:

Fortunately found the regular WD spray bombs .. life is good LOL
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
Comparing it to WD40 won't get me to buy it  .

Yeah that was my first thought :))

Love the name but stuff is pricey.

As to WD40, it works well in cleaning of tools whether on wire wheel or sockets being spun on an impact  with either scotch brite pads, steel wool or micro fiber cloth..  leaves a nice finish and the oily residue goes away

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
This HVAC guy who I've been watching on Youtube (and liking his methodology) sprayed some on a blower motor shaft and then removing the motor form a blower wheel. (I use Supco 88 for that purpose, works well but does have a petroleum stink). He says this stuff has no odor and thus eliminates customer complaints after he's done with the job as they don't call and complain about a smell. I thought it might be worth a try.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 11:59:46 AM »
This HVAC guy who I've been watching on Youtube (and liking his methodology) sprayed some on a blower motor shaft and then removing the motor form a blower wheel. (I use Supco 88 for that purpose, works well but does have a petroleum stink). He says this stuff has no odor and thus eliminates customer complaints after he's done with the job as they don't call and complain about a smell. I thought it might be worth a try.

For something where odor is an issue I guess it's worth a shot. Can't see using it as a general lube or penetrant though. Never seen anything "enviro friendly" that worked better.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:57:57 PM »
The price is pretty steep at $15.99 for one 12oz can. The more you buy the better the price.

Online slip knot

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
I recently jumped into the Ballistol camp. Bought a couple of bottles and am in the process of trying it out. It’s almost that jack of all sprays kinda thing. I saw it touted in several gun videos and thought I’d give it a try

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
I called one of the local warehouses and asked if they had it or could get it. nada on both counts. I told them it's on the national website. No go.

Yeah i saw the $16 a can price on Amazon. i might try it. Gotta make an order of several things I want and Amazon is like the only place to get them. Hate paying Bezos though. Trying to wean myself off his site.

I have and use Ballistol. Good stuff. Although the wife complains about the smell every time I use it.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »
Well, I ordered a can. Found an SDS on it - seems like the main lubricants are canola oil and castor oil. Both vegetable oils, bio-degradable, non-toxic, and both supposedly good lubricants.

We'll see.

https://www.comolube.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SDS-Jack-of-all-sprays.pdf

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 06:47:57 PM »
That SDS is hilarious :lol_hitting: Apparently you need an NBC suit to use their "environmentally friendly" product ::)

Offline jeffmoss26

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 07:12:57 PM »
let us know how it works, considering buying a can!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »
It also sounds like don't leave a can in a vehicle as it may explode if it gets above 122 degrees F.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 09:40:51 PM »
I'm neutral right now on it. Probably the best place to be for an objective review. I had to order it from Amazon, but had several other items I've been looking for, so if I have to jump through all those hoops at least I get my wishlist filled.

I almost passed on it, but recall a recipe in the Henley's Reference about a penetrating lubricant that used rapeseed (i.e canola) oil in it. Since I'm into home brews I remembered that product, and decided what the heck. I'll give it a whirl!
Heck, maybe it'll work as a wasp and hornet killer?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:23:20 PM by bonneyman »