Author Topic: Concrete sealer  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Heiny57

Concrete sealer
« on: November 22, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »
I had planned on using a densifier on the new garage floors. I did a lot of reading and found several brands of a combination densifier / sealer and settled on Legacy Industrial. My initial thought was that a combination of the two would be less effective but they seem to get pretty good reviews and are much easier to apply than separate applications. I decided to use it to seal all of my concrete so I ordered 3 , 5 gal buckets because it was cheap and I will use what’s left over to do my two sons new houses if they want.

I thought I would do a little test on my nasty 20 year old sidewalk. I found a relatively clean spot and brushed some on at about the rate I would use on my new concrete. It rained about a week later and the spot I sealed really stood out. ( maybe this stuff will work). That was a month ago and I just pressure washed the nasty off my sidewalk and hit the area I tested pretty good to see if I could remove it or lessen it’s effectiveness. It rained today so I went out to observe and this is what I found.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:45:35 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Heiny57

Re: Concrete sealer
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
I did an oil spot test today. Used my truck dipstick to drop some oil. Then I used Purple cleaner to clean the left side. Looks like about half came up. I will try the other  side tomorrow .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:27:27 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.