Author Topic: Gladiator warranty void due to mud  (Read 2646 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Gladiator warranty void due to mud
« on: January 05, 2021, 05:41:20 PM »
A guy buys a Jeep Gladiator and goes out and plays in the mud. Now he is having electrical issues and a dealer who gave him a quote put a restriction on his warranty even though he had the original dealer do the work. It would be interesting to see the warranty and if it considers mud and water abuse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/jeep-gladiator-owner-claims-dealer-voided-warranty-after-he-drove-through-mud/ar-BB1cv4f9?ocid=msedgntp

Offline slip knot

Re: Gladiator warranty void due to mud
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »
Good luck with FCA. My 07 Durango will be the last new dodge product we buy. FCA voided the lifetime warranty on it too. We were told the bankruptcy voided it. My wife drives it back and forth to work, the only off road it see's is my gravel drive way. about every 3 months a sensor goes out somewhere on it. $2-300 to get it fixed. What a POS that thing has been.

At work we have a fleet of heavy dump trucks. @2015 they started replacing them with new Freightliners. Every single one has a MIL light on somewhere. Fleet services got on my ass about the guys taking them off road. I told him to take it up with the landfill guys. We used to drag the old Internationals in and out with a Cat mud squeezing out between the frame rails. Probably pull these new freightshakers apart doing that now.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »
Every single one has a MIL light on somewhere. Fleet services got on my ass about the guys taking them off road.

What it that ?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 07:34:52 AM »
MIL is a malfunction indicator light. They monitor a lot more items now than engine function

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 11:47:40 AM »
 Ok, so how do I connect the dots MIL & guys taking trucks off road ?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:23 PM »
Pep, mud and electronics dont play well together. it either shorts it out or gives an incorrect signal. or worst case it just tears the sensors out. Then all your fluid leaks out. then its really stuck. BTDT a few weeks ago. Transmission pressure senor broke off and pumped all the fluid out damned quick. Drag truck out with a bull dozer. shovel out all the mud to get to the sensor. replace sensor and refill transmission. drive it back to shop and try and get all the mud out of the transmission. and this was one of our later model trucks. Even the shifter on this one is an electric motor.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 10:10:35 PM »
 That makes total sense, was not thinking..