Author Topic: Rattle can shaker  (Read 2303 times)

Offline torqueman2002

Rattle can shaker
« on: March 09, 2021, 11:25:53 AM »
Being a 'professional homeowner' (name the YouTuber who uses this phrase), I strive to get the best coat of paint on my projects.

I follow the directions for:
Painting Conditions
Preparation
Priming
Painting: Shake can vigorously*
Dry & Recoat Times

* The one that I've wanted to make easier is: Shake can vigorously.

I decided to look for DIY plans to make a shaker. There are some very good ones, but I want to keep it simple.

Then I hit on a couple of YouTube videos that are just what I was looking for.

The $0 solution.
DIY Spray Paint Mixer

The one I decided to build, <$10.
EASIEST Spray Paint Can Shaker Stirrer BUILD drill powered

I'll be headed to the box store for some supplies, as soon as my next vaccine has become effective. It's too cold to paint, anyway.  :dance:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:44:17 AM by torqueman2002 »
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: Rattle can shaker
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:30 PM »
I'm gonna have to give that a try...

Am I the only one who shuddered at some of the stuff the tin can guy did?  Holding sandpaper against sharp metal spinning fast with bare fingers being the worst but not least? 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 12:09:46 PM »
Thanks for posting that. I'm going to make one myself and just have to go out to the shop to see what I have. I do like the ABS/pipe plug one.
I did notice the guy in the first video trying to slice his fingers. He also grabbed an adjustable wrench instead of a proper wrench which is a perfect application for a ratcheting wrench like used in the 2nd video.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:23:56 PM »
Every see the ones using Reciprocating saw what a hoot. All these you must hold.

Work bench model:

An old lawn mower motor. pull the head. Attach the can to the piston. Get a couple of pulleys, belt drive, spin the crank with a motor of choice.

Boyd Coddington "shake until ball stop rattling.... anyone remember that ?
1776 ................... what happened!