Author Topic: Another show I'm done with  (Read 4941 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Another show I'm done with
« on: March 27, 2021, 04:13:42 AM »
First of all, let me just say that I dislike the idea of streaming...ect
If I have to pick something to watch every time, I'd never be able to watch anything because I couldn't decide.
I prefer to just turn on one of my favorite channels and watch whatever rerun of one of my favorite shows is airing,  or to record the ever dwindling handful of new TV shows I have left.

The list is getting smaller and smaller mostly for political reasons,  but some have just become boring or dumb and some do get cancelled.

Last night I was watching the new episode of Macgyver that was recording , and the show dug a huge hole right in front of me.

Out of the blue with no real connection to the plot he tells his friend he was involved in the BLM protests and was ashamed that it took him so long to join.

I stopped the episode from recording,  deleted it, and removed the show from the record list.
This was one of the hardest deepest dives yet on any TV show that I have witnessed.

Do you think they will ever get the message and stop trying to shove shit down our throats?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: Another show I'm done with
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:27:14 AM »
 No disagreement, it is a not so subtle brain washing. How about the commercial. Guy tells the camera to stop rising the dishes before loading the washer ........... ready the reason ......... 20 gallons of water wasted each time one does this.

Most TV is like this one way or the other........ from kids cartoons, sports and leaving out the government here controlling my anger.

Yup it is pretty damn fucked up anymore .

First of all, let me just say that I dislike the idea of streaming...ect
If I have to pick something to watch every time, I'd never be able to watch anything because I couldn't decide.
I prefer to just turn on one of my favorite channels and watch whatever rerun of one of my favorite shows is airing,  or to record the ever dwindling handful of new TV shows I have left.

The list is getting smaller and smaller mostly for political reasons,  but some have just become boring or dumb and some do get cancelled.

Last night I was watching the new episode of Macgyver that was recording , and the show dug a huge hole right in front of me.

Out of the blue with no real connection to the plot he tells his friend he was involved in the BLM protests and was ashamed that it took him so long to join.

I stopped the episode from recording,  deleted it, and removed the show from the record list.
This was one of the hardest deepest dives yet on any TV show that I have witnessed.

Do you think they will ever get the message and stop trying to shove shit down our throats?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 08:31:12 AM »
I happened to watch a rerun of an old Macgyver episode and I remembered why I quit watching that show years ago. The premise of the show was a stolen handgun was used to kill different people by different bad actors. They concluded the story at the end with Macgyver claiming as they started melting down guns "one down 100 million to go."

They never managed to get those 100 million. :violent-smiley-007:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 08:54:17 AM »
H & S, let the network that produces the show know what you just told us.  I'm always trying to let these people know if I see something I have a problem with.  You may have to submit a general inquiry.

I've noticed, especially with newspapers, you can't email people directly a lot of times, the only thing they give is a Twitter address.  I don't do that garbage.

And btw, that "new" McGuyver looks twelve years old.   :hee20hee20hee:
boop/bop/beep

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 08:58:23 AM »
I happened to watch a rerun of an old Macgyver episode and I remembered why I quit watching that show years ago. The premise of the show was a stolen handgun was used to kill different people by different bad actors. They concluded the story at the end with Macgyver claiming as they started melting down guns "one down 100 million to go."

That doesn't surprise me at all.  Richard Dean Andersen, the first MacGuyver, was known for his strong advocacy of gun control.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 09:37:13 AM »

That doesn't surprise me at all.  Richard Dean Andersen, the first MacGuyver, was known for his strong advocacy of gun control.

The show was also produced by Henry "Fonzie" Winkler who isn't worth a crap either.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
H & S, let the network that produces the show know what you just told us.  I'm always trying to let these people know if I see something I have a problem with.  You may have to submit a general inquiry.

I've noticed, especially with newspapers, you can't email people directly a lot of times, the only thing they give is a Twitter address.  I don't do that garbage.

And btw, that "new" McGuyver looks twelve years old.   :hee20hee20hee:
Yeah, he's definitely fairly young.
I did enjoy the show because the action is good there was still a good deal of gun usage and they had some female actors worth looking at, but his anti gun attitude always threw me off and this out 9f nowhere in your face BLM blast was the final straw.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 05:05:55 PM »
Now that's the reason I stream everything. Pick and skip fill out forms and email
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 09:17:00 AM »
I gave up on network television years ago. My entertainment is mostly utube videos or forums. A lotof good stuff on utube.I follow a couple channels that are enjoyable to me. Diresta, Project Binky, aVe and HTF to name a few.

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2021, 10:05:25 AM »
Shows Rodenberry era Star Trek. I'll even toss Andromeda in the mix. Firefly and Farscape. That and Spaceballs is 99.999 percent of my TV the past few decades.

"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »
Yeah, like Sigourney Weaver on "Aliens". Her part featured her toting around a machine gun taped to a flame thrower with an added-on grenade launcher - yet she is a gun control advocate and gives money to anti-gun legislation. Go figure!   :-[

If I boycotted every show and movie that had actors who were anti-gun I probably wouldn't watch many movies. Ah, wait a minute - I don't watch alot of TV and movies!   :hee20hee20hee:

• Ran when parked
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 07:29:28 AM »
Yeah, like Sigourney Weaver on "Aliens". Her part featured her toting around a machine gun taped to a flame thrower with an added-on grenade launcher - yet she is a gun control advocate and gives money to anti-gun legislation. Go figure!   :-[

If I boycotted every show and movie that had actors who were anti-gun I probably wouldn't watch many movies. Ah, wait a minute - I don't watch alot of TV and movies!   :hee20hee20hee:

Of course.  Most of them go on about how horrible guns are, but how many movie posters show these clowns posing with a gun?

And how many of them have armed security and live behind walls?
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 09:11:48 AM »

Bingo, but they are the elite class,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aren't they

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 04:06:43 PM »

Bingo, but they are the elite class,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aren't they
Elite ?
That suggest better, and better is something they are not.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 04:27:25 PM »
I realized I didn't acknowledge the OP's post, so, excuse my rudeness.

I liked the Old MacGyver. I didn't know he was anti-gun in real life. Just that he didn't like guns on the show. That was fine - I thought it demanded more from him to get out of pickles without resorting to shooting his way out.

I tried to give the new Macgyver a fair shot. I really did. I know reboots tend to fall a bit flat, but I really tried to have an open mind, not be overly picky or nostalgic, and not be an old "it ain't the same" PITA. The first season wasn't half bad. George Eades' character really balanced the cast out and added some flair and muscle that helped to offset Luca Tills brainiac persona. But then Eades left for obscure reasons and it just kinda fell apart. The plots were silly, the DIY tricks were lame or outright stupid, and the cast changes I didn't like. So, I stopped watching it. To hear that it's become political like virtually everything else doesn't kill me as I don't watch it anyway.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »
one youtube channel I find very entertaining is Essential craftsman. Very talented fellow. I have been following him for a while, he's been building a spec house and letting a camera follow. pretty good.