Author Topic: Didn't think they were worth it....  (Read 5688 times)

Offline highland512

Re: Didn't think they were worth it....
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:20 AM »
I paid less for a set of snap-on wrenches from 3/8-1" good grief. Maybe I need to dig around and see what I find, I think I have a hang tag that still has it's 1/2 ratchet.

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 08:53:45 PM »
At $65 you were being too cheap but you should gave stopped at $100 or so with the same result :41:
Cheap and terrible at making decisions....but you knew this already :))

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 06:27:21 AM »
I know where there is a set of black proto anti slip wrenches. About 10-24. Could probably snag for about 125.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 07:54:29 PM »
I know where there is a set of black proto anti slip wrenches. About 10-24. Could probably snag for about 125.
I bet they are nice, but that's a bit more then I'm looking to spend for home use right now. My tool cart does lock and I have two sets of little hands that like to walk off with things while I'm not looking lol

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 03:24:37 AM »
I bet they are nice, but that's a bit more then I'm looking to spend for home use right now. My tool cart does lock and I have two sets of little hands that like to walk off with things while I'm not looking lol

Holy crap, the Mudman is raising a pair of little theives :))

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 09:00:50 AM »

I'm sure they are just devoloping a taste for fine tools and Tim will have to bring them to your shop before long. :great:

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 11:11:18 AM »

I'm sure they are just devoloping a taste for fine tools and Tim will have to bring them to your shop before long. :great:

Sam has already been here and wasn't impressed but he was pretty young at the time.  You can bet I'll be patting them down after their next visit :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »

I'm hoping Epsteins comes through with some Bonney's in their next couple of pallet loads. If not, maybe Protos are in my future?  O:-)

Offline muddy

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 08:27:08 PM »
:))   the little one definitely is but she usually just hands it over to someone else I think she's more comfortable being a middle man

Offline highland512

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 08:49:02 PM »
:))   the little one definitely is but she usually just hands it over to someone else I think she's more comfortable being a middle man

I found having a “kids only” tool box with some crap I don’t use sitting on the floor distracts the little monkeys from getting in my box.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2021, 08:56:19 AM »

I found having a “kids only” tool box with some crap I don’t use sitting on the floor distracts the little monkeys from getting in my box.

That sounds like a great way to deal with the junk import tools that you end up with when buying used tool boxes.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 10:33:34 AM »
I think the day is coming when we're gonna be so hard up for raw materials all the old discarded sockets and wrenches will be confiscated for their chrome and other metals.

Offline muddy

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 09:02:56 PM »

Yep Sam has a basket of his own tools. But every now and then he likes to "borrow" mine lol