Author Topic: SnapOn employment ad  (Read 1530 times)

Offline DeadNutz

SnapOn employment ad
« on: April 25, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
I am posting this in politics so any comments can say what they want. It is ridiculous when the job description is shorter than the Non-Discrimination/ Affirmative Action statement. If I was a young adult I would grab a job like this if I needed one. I hope they can find somebody willing to put down their phone, show up to work every single day and not whine about it.

Distribution Associate
 Snap-on Tools Regional Velocity Center    Carson City, NV    Full-time      Manufacturing / Production / Operations
  Posted on April 19, 2021
DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE Immediate Opening $18.21 per hour

Snap-on Logistics Company is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of automotive and industrial tools and related equipment. Qualified candidates will possess the skills to safely and efficiently pick and pack orders, stock product and complete necessary paperwork. The ability to read and write, basic math skills, lifting up to 40 pounds, and push and pull 150-200+ pounds are required. High school diploma or GED required. Previous warehousing experience with RF scanners is preferred. Must be able to work overtime as required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you have the experience and desire to join our team, apply online at snapon.com/EN/Careers EOE/M/F/D/V

NONDISCRIMINATION/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IN EMPLOYMENT

Since our founding in 1920, Snap-on Incorporated has encouraged and expected our operations around the world to practice equal opportunity in employment. Equal opportunity at Snap-on means that no associate, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Such equality shall include, but not be limited to: hire/rehire, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment, employment advertising, layoff, training, compensation, associate benefits, social and recreational programs, and employment separation. Because Snap-on is a federal contractor, we also engage in outreach and recruitment efforts designed to recruit and hire qualified females, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities in compliance with our obligations under Executive Order 11246, as amended and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60-1, 2, 3, 20 and 50; Sec. 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60-741 et.seq.; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60-300 et seq.

Snap-on management takes positive steps to ensure that all applicants for employment and our associates are treated according to the above principles. Additionally, we require a similar commitment from each and every associate to uphold Snap-on’s principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.

Offline bonneyman

Re: SnapOn employment ad
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline fatfillup

Re: SnapOn employment ad
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 03:02:34 AM »
DN, you are right, that is crazy 😜

Sad that the laws in this country have forced us to this point and it is equally sad that practices in the past made these laws come about.