Author Topic: Calif small gas engine ban?  (Read 3368 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Calif small gas engine ban?
« on: May 01, 2021, 10:01:24 AM »
There is no limit to the stupidity in California.
It seems that the other small off-road engines part is the real concern. Will chainsaws, motorcycles, ATV's, generators, gas engine driven compressors, outboard motors, fire dept. rescue saws and many others be banned?

California would ban the sale of new gas-powered leaf-blowers, lawnmowers and other “small off-road engines” as soon as 2024, under a bill being considered by state lawmakers.
If approved, the ban would go into effect on Jan. 1, 2024, or as soon as the California Air Resources Board determines it is feasible.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article251037629.html#:~:text=California%20would%20ban%20the%20sale%20of%20new%20gas-powered,California%20Air%20Resources%20Board%20determines%20it%20is%20feasible.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Calif small gas engine ban?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 10:29:33 AM »
But politicians private jets will be just fine.  :character0029:

Offline highland512

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:05 AM »
You get the government you deserve. 

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
You get the government you deserve.

Yep
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:04:27 PM »
The problem is that Commiefornia starts this BS and it affects many of the states. Can you buy a vented gas can with a regular pour spout in your state anymore? Engine makers have to make special engines just to be able to sell them in Calif due to emissions BS. So glad we got out of that place.

Offline highland512

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
The problem is that Commiefornia starts this BS and it affects many of the states. Can you buy a vented gas can with a regular pour spout in your state anymore? Engine makers have to make special engines just to be able to sell them in Calif due to emissions BS. So glad we got out of that place.

Retailers are starting to get wise to this. Yes I can buy a vented gas can with a regular spout, its called a "utility" jug and is sold in red/yellow/clear. But we all know its a gas can. They sell like hot cakes.

Maybe a small engine ban in commie land would be a blessing for the rest of us. Now we can have engines that dont have the carb bull shit and a lower cost. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 08:49:57 AM »

Retailers are starting to get wise to this. Yes I can buy a vented gas can with a regular spout, its called a "utility" jug and is sold in red/yellow/clear. But we all know its a gas can. They sell like hot cakes.

Maybe a small engine ban in commie land would be a blessing for the rest of us. Now we can have engines that dont have the carb bull shit and a lower cost. 

I just bought one of those jugs at TSC myself. I treat my old vented 5 gal plastic cans like gold and they are still fine after 30 years.

Offline walrus

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 04:04:21 AM »

Lots of states will follow suit.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 09:49:05 PM »
Damn it just keeps getting worse and worse, I can't afford to leave this state either. :38: :38:

I just hate how people like to write off California forgetting theres lots of good people here who just can't afford to leave or would rather stay and fight the problem than leave and let it spread.
There are so many conservatives here who don't want all this BS, but the liberals still find a way to take political control.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 08:25:18 AM »
Damn it just keeps getting worse and worse, I can't afford to leave this state either. :38: :38:

I just hate how people like to write off California forgetting theres lots of good people here who just can't afford to leave or would rather stay and fight the problem than leave and let it spread.
There are so many conservatives here who don't want all this BS, but the liberals still find a way to take political control.

I understand what you are saying but SoCal where I grew up and lived for over 50 years is totally ruined and will never be the same again. There are really great people in all parts of CA and who feel they must stay for various reasons. If the state could be split into blue and red parts it would be good but that probably won't happen.

If you can acquire work skills or a trade that's in demand you can relocate almost anywhere. What you establish as priorities can and will control the direction life takes you.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
Thousands of people are leaving California every day and they are not all going to Texas.  Some great conservatives are moving into the Missouri Ozarks (southern Missouri for those who don't know the Ozarks).  Covid has caused a land boom in the area because of the sparse population and prices have doubled in the last two years.  If you are happy where you live fine, if not it is up to you to find a way to move somewhere else.  I got tired of the 30 million people in Florida, traffic, taxes and worthless laws so after 50 years moved.  My wife and I spent seven years looking west of the Mississippi and decided on the Missouri Ozarks.  We didn't make a mistake!!!!!!! :93:

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 03:23:29 AM »

Yep - MANY good conservatives here. I can't afford to pick up and move, so I will stay and FIGHT.

This is a terrific state; unfortunately the dummycrats in the cities outnumber us. (have I said this before?  :)))
David

Offline highland512

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 10:49:00 AM »

Don't tell yourself that.

If your willing to work, do a quality job, actually show up and work, and have marketable skills any employer worth working for will bend over backwards to get and keep you. This includes moving and housing you during a move. I have moved my entire household 6 times and have never once paid for moving expenses or temporary housing. 

Don't be afraid to make the jump into a new career, its scary the first time but after that you can use it to improve yourself.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »

Don't tell yourself that.

If your willing to work, do a quality job, actually show up and work, and have marketable skills any employer worth working for will bend over backwards to get and keep you. This includes moving and housing you during a move. I have moved my entire household 6 times and have never once paid for moving expenses or temporary housing. 

Don't be afraid to make the jump into a new career, its scary the first time but after that you can use it to improve yourself.

Do all that and be able to pass a drug and alcohol test and background check and your golden.