Author Topic: Dishwasher leveling leg - thread size and hex head size?  (Read 2976 times)

Offline oldnslo

Dishwasher leveling leg - thread size and hex head size?
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:16:10 AM »
Offhand, does anyone know the thread size for a typical dishwasher leveling leg? How about the tiny hex head on the top?

I want to have the right tools when showing up at the daughters house to de-rust a stuck in place leg. The DW at the house here has a different style so I cant compare with mine.

Its like this pic

Offline walrus

Re: Dishwasher leveling leg - thread size and hex head size?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 04:06:34 AM »
No idea but if its newer its apt to be metric

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:38:58 AM »
pretty standard part, dish washer, refer, stove, possible washer, all the same.

@ oldnslo

A shot of WD will free it, water pump pliers on the pad, not the hex top of the shaft. Move CW & CCW small movements at first, chances are good it will free up fine.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
It's all behind me now, I showed up with 1/4 drive in SAE and metric. I was unable to get some Channelocks on the rubber foot without tearing it up, but the sink countertop was coming off so I was able to clear the tile and remove the machine. It was on its side when I hit it with penetrant and prevailed. I didnt need to clean up the threads with a die.

Case closed.

Offline geneg

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
Sorry for the late response.  I've found a real use for a monkey wrench.  They work great for turning the large hex levelling legs & don't tear up the rubber or round the corners.  The little hex on top is usually either 1/4 or 5/16, works great with a ratcheting box end when they are new.  After they've been there awhile- use the monkey wrench.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 05:24:51 PM »
Thanks geneg, the size turned out to be 3/16". When the dish washer was in place, there really was no room for the Channelocks, let alone a monkey wrench. The adjustable foot was just below the abutting tile level making access difficult.