Author Topic: Welcome to Snappy Grips!  (Read 2215 times)

Offline bonneyman

Welcome to Snappy Grips!
« on: May 04, 2021, 03:23:26 PM »
Just snagged a pair of these plastic ergonomic handles that snap over the wire of a 5-gallon bucket, making a larger, more comfortable grip for carrying loads. And come to find out they're still made!
Being I've been into carrying tools and stuff in a 5-gallon paint bucket for years these are a welcome sight. Just wish I'd found them years ago.

Maybe some of you can use them.

https://snappygrip.com/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:25:26 PM by bonneyman »

Offline geneg

Re: Welcome to Snappy Grips!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 06:17:25 PM »
GREAT FIND!  I've been carrying tools & demo debris in 5 gallon buckets for years.  Usually, the orig handles crack, break, or are missing.  These would have prevented a lot of callouses on my hands. The price is also extremely reasonable.  I'm going to buy some.

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 06:59:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

I just placed an order for 3 orange ones from Amazon.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 07:32:50 PM »
Great deal and I will order some.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 09:15:47 PM »
I'm glad some of you have benefited from my find. Makes my day!   :)

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 07:30:35 AM »
DO you have to cut off the standard plastic handle to install the Snappy grip?  Not a deal breaker, just curious.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 09:17:31 AM »
DO you have to cut off the standard plastic handle to install the Snappy grip?  Not a deal breaker, just curious.

I believe so. I've removed the OEM plastic handle by first removing the wire from the bucket, but it requires unbending and rebending the curved end of the wire that inserts into the bucket (which I think weakens it). Just easier to cut the existing one off and snap the new on on. Whoever came up with the idea put some thought into it.

It's why - on my main tool bucket - I've installed TWO wire handles as a guarantee against unexpected breakage and dropping the bucket off a roof.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 03:26:13 PM »
OK, I've completedy user test of the Snappy Grips on two buckets. I'm sold. They are much easier to grab, hold, and carry without pain. I've ordered 6 more - as changing them from bucket to bucket is possible - but trying it I found it's very easy to damage the locking tabs while taking them off. Better to leave them on what you put them on. So, I need some spares.