Author Topic: Big city life  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Big city life
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:17:57 PM »
So i moved to suburbs of toledo ohio today i was in city sitting in a parking lot when. Inoticeda woman messing underthe hood of hercar so iwent to see if i could help. It was a trap when i got overthere someone got out wielding baseball bat tried to rob me told me to hand over my wallet. I refused i said id take the ass whooping person must havelackedballs cause they got in there car and drove off...i filed a police report and already been told im lucky but i dont feel it.... I hate the city

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Big city life
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 06:01:04 PM »
Big cities suck anymore. Give me small towns where you can leave tools or anything in the back of the truck and it won't get stolen. CCW's tend to make people polite and honest.

Glad you stood up to the scumbag Dustin and got through it without damage or loss.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 09:44:07 PM »
So sorry to hear of that incident. Glad you are ok tho.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:33:54 AM »
Wow, glad you are safe.

I am not a city person but go to Baltimore several times a week.  Cities are great for  business but suck can suck for personal life

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 09:02:30 AM »
Wow, glad you are safe.

I am not a city person but go to Baltimore several times a week.  Cities are great for  business but suck can suck for personal life

Baltimore is pretty bad in some areas. You can get mugged or killed in broad daylight.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 08:05:32 PM »
Dont carry a gun anymore gavethat right up for a medical card.but i used to be avid carrier....

Seemed to me it was a young kid looking for a quick buck when i turned out not to bea easy target he lost it and ran.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 12:40:08 AM »
Wow, glad you are safe.

Baltimore is pretty bad in some areas. You can get mugged or killed in broad daylight.

From everything I've read about it, not at all surprised.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
Not that I worry about it but I think being carjacked is more likely for me.  I drive through the hood regularly to get to the industrial areas so I do have some exposure.  I don't go in the city for entertainment or shopping, just work so always during the day. 

the drug trade is what drives most of the violence, so let them shoot each other.  There is collateral damage sadly.  The police have been hamstrung and the City attorney isn't prosecuting minor crimes and sucks at prosecuting the murders.  It appears no one in the city wants to tackle the problem. 

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »
The only thing I like about the city is the convenience of shopping.
Everything else is so much better in my dinky little rural town.

If I ever have to live in the city for some reason I'll make damn sure I've got a CCW permit first.
Always lookin' to learn