VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

1958 Chevy

(1/4) > >>

john k:
So, pulled the 58 pickup to the garage, no brakes,  pulled it into 2nd, let out the clutch,  and the 6 cyl. engine broke free, didn't hit anything important.  Yard is rather level so it wasn't rolling fast.  Is a 1/2 ton 2wd, long fleetside box.  Ordered window and door parts.  Looked over the box floor, can remove the boards wearing gloves.  Need some cut off discs, to remove the 75+ floor carriage bolts.  Do some welding in the corners.  First, going to fix the brakes.  Now that the engine is free, will see if it can be coaxed to run.  See how much I can accomplish before the snow comes. 

gtermini:
I had a 58 big window longbed fleetside factory 283/4 speed 15 yrs ago. One of the best looking pickups ever built in my opinion. Probably the rig I regret selling the most, but I had nowhere inside to keep it and it was devolving fast in the wet winters.

Heiny57:

--- Quote from: john k on October 07, 2023, 08:51:44 AM ---So, pulled the 58 pickup to the garage, no brakes,  pulled it into 2nd, let out the clutch,  and the 6 cyl. engine broke free, didn't hit anything important.  Yard is rather level so it wasn't rolling fast.  Is a 1/2 ton 2wd, long fleetside box.  Ordered window and door parts.  Looked over the box floor, can remove the boards wearing gloves.  Need some cut off discs, to remove the 75+ floor carriage bolts.  Do some welding in the corners.  First, going to fix the brakes.  Now that the engine is free, will see if it can be coaxed to run.  See how much I can accomplish before the snow comes.

--- End quote ---

Pics please!  :PDT_Armataz_01_37:

Heiny57:

--- Quote from: gtermini on October 07, 2023, 02:00:24 PM ---I had a 58 big window longbed fleetside factory 283/4 speed 15 yrs ago. One of the best looking pickups ever built in my opinion. Probably the rig I regret selling the most, but I had nowhere inside to keep it and it was devolving fast in the wet winters.

--- End quote ---

Nice

john k:
Will try pics again, but, still 2 weeks away from a better internet source,  6G.   Even reducing pics way down, this site won't take them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version