Author Topic: The Annex  (Read 54 times)

Offline oldcarguy

The Annex
« on: April 21, 2024, 06:13:35 PM »
During the process of rebuilding my main workshop from the fire three years ago. I crammed everything deemed salvageable throughout my other garages. Once I finished the interior of the machine shop. I added this small 15' by 30' area as a place to unload and recommission the paint booth. Where else could I paint all the shelving, benches, machinery, tables, etc. Took two weeks to complete and another few days to fill up. The lean-to design was the easiest to complete, three walls, single sloped ceiling, add doors and it's done. Well sort of.

Basic 2 by 4 walls, 2 by 8 joists construction.

Added a 100 Amp 240 Volt sub-panel along with rough in the outlets and lights. Extended the air lines and natural gas lines. Then installed Paper-backed Fiberglass insulation

Next came the 5/8" Fire rated drywall and taping

Paint interior with the blue wainscoating and epoxy coat floor and adding base cove. Installed outlets and lighting

Added built in shelving on one side..

Built a 4' wide mezzanines on the opposite wall from wood I've scavenged.. There's just enough room to get around my parked Avalanche on all sides...

With a $35.00 solid maple top I built a workbench. You may notice the large atomic clock,, most my garages have one... The tire rack is for my 1914 Cadillac,, 36" by 5" tires

Added garage door and opener...

Installed a through-the-wall ducted furnace A/C unit

Installed gutters and painted exterior

The annex is still in a state of disarray and in the process of organizing

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
Re: The Annex
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 06:39:18 PM »
Fine looking building  :bravo_2:
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv