Author Topic: Table Saw Recommendation  (Read 6281 times)

Offline ScoutDriver

Table Saw Recommendation
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »
Lately I have been looking for a smaller table saw.  I'm not at all a woodworker or carpenter, but for maintenance around the farm and some smaller projects, I've found the need to rip lumber and do cuts with a little more precision than my circular saw or jig saw will allow. 

There are a lot of 10 inch portable saws on the market and I've found myself a little overwhelmed.  Right now I'm leaning towards a Dewalt DW745 or a Skilsaw SPT70WT-22 with the worm-drive. 

Anybody have thoughts or experience? 

Thanks!!

Scott

Offline ken w.

Re: Table Saw Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 05:21:04 PM »
If you don't mind used the older Craftsman saws are real workhorses. Around here they are all over CL pretty cheap. We use them to cut up pallet wood for firewood. I have one left out side covered with a pallet for about 5 years now.

Offline ScoutDriver

Re: Table Saw Recommendation
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »
Bit the bullet on a DeWalt DW745s today.  Not a big saw, but it should do everything that I need it to do.  The store had a pretty deep discount on it.  Plus I had a $50 gift card for the store that was burning a hole in my pocket. 

Ken, I'd been watching craigslist and facebook marketplace lately.  Locally mostly over-priced small saws or larger, cabinet saws that were beyond my needs and budget.

Scott