TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GENERAL TOOL AND MACHINE DISCUSSION

Post all of your latest tool buys here

<< < (2/250) > >>

hickory n Steel:
It's not perfect but it works.

I had my other punches just sticking out of the pegboard before and they kept falling out.

hickory n Steel:
Swung by a yard sale after work and got a good little haul for under $6.

The biggest score of all would be the 4lb TT KLEY WORKS handmade, I'd call it a California but it could also be a Swamping pattern.
 Deputy Cobb told me it wasn't for sale because it came from his father in-law so I didn't push it, I said thank you and started to walk away when he asked how much I'd give him.
I said $10, he said he expected $5, and that was it.
$5 is a great deal, and I'm sure he'd probably be happier to see it rust free hung and appreciated by me than rusting away as a lawn decoration.

Next was my grabs from the dime box, the Stanley 8ft tape , the keychain tape I mostly wanted for the keychain off it, an A Leitz scribing compass, and last but not least the MAC MB2 pocket inspection mirror. I'm thinking Ullman devices but that's just a WAG.

Oh and the Omega Tally counter was I think 50¢, i just thought it was cool.

I also got a unopened  X kites airplane shaped microkite for 5¢ and a faux security camera from a free box.
Yes I know a kite, but they will always be fun  :)

The faux camera takes 3 AA batteries and has a motion sensor to make it blink and scan back and forth when someone is near.
When I was a kid we had one and when these kids were throwing water balloons at our house one day I told them it was an experimental military camera with Lazer beams and tracking software and all this stuff, needless to say they stopped throwing the water balloons  ;D

fatfillup:
you did well. 

hickory n Steel:

--- Quote from: fatfillup on July 29, 2019, 04:02:47 PM ---you did well.

--- End quote ---
I'm definitely happy.
Oh and my suspicion was right, this MAC inspection mirror is a dead ringer for a UDC B2.
It just screamed Ullman to me.

The Kelly handmade cleaned up pretty well to, some carbon scale built up in a couple spots from the thick rust it had but i'm fine with that because shiny and new looking is for chromed tools and tools that actually are shiny and brand new.

hickory n Steel:
I'll have to get a picture tomorrow, but today I bought a rubber sanding block and a 5pc " HYPER TOUGH " file set from Wal-Mart.
They're Chicom of course but they were only $9 and are very well cut and sharp.
If I knew of any files still US made that I could afford I'd buy them, but darn if cheap tools haven't come a long way in 20-30 years.
I know when I was a kid I was given an old cheap Japanese made file set and they were horrible, some were barely cut at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version