General Category > PHOTOS OF GENERAL INTEREST (NOT TOOLS OR SHOP RELATED)

An Old Tool Returns

<< < (2/4) > >>

Uncle Buck:

--- Quote from: john k on January 17, 2024, 10:41:44 PM ---I would look at it, guess, then still walk away confused

--- End quote ---

Me too!

bonneyman:
Glad it found it's way out of the Matrix to ya!

I've had that happen once or twice - so happy when you get something rare back in your tool box.

skfarmer:
pics?

heck yea cuz i sure can't tell what it does from here.

muddy:

--- Quote from: john k on January 17, 2024, 10:41:44 PM ---I would look at it, guess, then still walk away confused

--- End quote ---
He explained it, and showed pictures and I'm still confused!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

J.A.F.E.:
Sorry for the delayed response had to take the pix and figure a better narrative than I did in the OP.

I did the following frames some time ago when I had the machine originally. The first one is a frame hanging in our guest bath. The mat is a double mat of the same white and I painted the bevels black.

The second one is a print hanging in our bedroom. I combined straight cuts and round cuts to do the corners. It, too is two layers of the same mat. Combining straight and round/oval cuts together is a bit tricky because round/ovals are normally cut from the front to show the bevel and straight cuts are done from the back.

The last one is an alien and his late cat Sinbad. The alien is camera shy while Sinbad is a ham. This combines a double oval and square corners with a third mat with a rectangular opening.

I took some additional pix of the cutter to show how it works in a little more, but not intricate, detail if there is interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version