Author Topic: Caddy took a hit from the snow storm -- updated 12-14  (Read 12927 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Caddy took a hit from the snow storm -- updated 12-14
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »

:) :) :) Well, back in the day I used to like Colt 45 malt liquor. -- drank the "Double Deuce" with my college roommates because it was always on sale at the local store. Maybe that's where I got a taste of the "pimpin'" lifestyle.   O0 O0 O0 O0 . We smoked Swisher Sweets, consumed PBR and Colt45 by the bucket, and still managed to get to class on time.

Ahhh the good ol' days!!!

Bet you can't do that anymore >:(

Pimpfellow, I like that :))

Don't drink much anymore, but am eying my next ride. I'm told a "little old lady" drove it for 40 years to go to church and back.   :)) :)) :))

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »
I have to say that's a good look for you.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Online Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
I have to say that's a good look for you.

Indeed, a manly car for a very manly man! LOL  :))
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline john k

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
Shouldn't that have some longhorn steer horns on the hood?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 04:07:44 PM »
Shouldn't that have some longhorn steer horns on the hood?

Come on man, its got air horns on the front.  You wouldn't want to make it gaudy now would you?? :))

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »

:) :) :) Well, back in the day I used to like Colt 45 malt liquor. -- drank the "Double Deuce" with my college roommates because it was always on sale at the local store. Maybe that's where I got a taste of the "pimpin'" lifestyle.   O0 O0 O0 O0 . We smoked Swisher Sweets, consumed PBR and Colt45 by the bucket, and still managed to get to class on time.

Ahhh the good ol' days!!!

Bet you can't do that anymore >:(

Pimpfellow, I like that :))

Don't drink much anymore, but am eying my next ride. I'm told a "little old lady" drove it for 40 years to go to church and back.   :)) :)) :))
boss hog's widow ?

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
Re: Caddy took a hit from the snow storm --
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 05:23:29 PM »
Took the Caddy to the body shop for dent repair and a complete paint job == wish me luck!

I went to a car rental place right across the street from the body and paint facility and wound up with a 2018 Toyota Camry. OMG the thing has a four cylinder engine and an automatic eight speed transmission -- what a joke that is. The thing starts shifting at 5mph and is constantly shifting up/down when in commuter traffic. What an annoying engine/transmission package. To add insult to injury this car has up/down paddle shifters on the steering wheel -- NO BUENO! What the heck is that all about -- manually shifting an already underpowered and annoying sedan with paddles is the LAST thing I want to be doing.

Toyota makes great cars, but this thing would be last on my list of purchase options when looking at a mid-size sedan.

GF,

Welcome to the world of fuel economy according to Toyota.  I'm sure other OEM's do the same, but Toyota has definitely learned how to manage fuel economy by way of the ECM and TCM.  Only one rule... get the car in overdrive ASAP.

My daily driver is a 2003 Tacoma with a 2.4L 4 cylinder and a 4-speed overdrive auto trans.  This truck is typically in overdrive by 30mph unless I manually shift it into each gear L-D, and manually engage the overdrive.  To be fair, this buys me 25mpg in heavy city driving and about 28mpg on the open road.

I've learned to live with it's foibles.       
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.