Author Topic: I have a CONUNDRUM  (Read 4024 times)

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
I have a CONUNDRUM
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
I ordered these clips for a little project I'm working on (I'll reveal at a later date ;D),  they were 5 bux free shipping,
Okay??

clips

Well in a separate bigger box, with the same tracking number was THIS (minus the clips).

oops

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

I'm gonna call them to send it back

If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: I have a CONUNDRUM
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »
i would try and notify amazon or whoever it was. for a while we were getting random things with someone else's name and our address on the package. mostly nickel and dime stuff, not big ticket items like that carb. i assume that was at least 100 dollars and maybe even far more than that. not up on weber carbds.

anyway, my wife spent about 2 hours being shuffled around from one person to the next until she finally got someone in the know. told  her to keep the items  and not worry about it. there was never any transactions charged to us  or any signs of suspicious behaviour other than the packages delivered to us rather than the person who ordered it.

i would guess whoever ordered the carb would like to get it and whoever sold it would like it back so they don't have to replace it..
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
I'd try and return it as well. Not sure I'd put two hours into it but I would notify the seller/shipper to make arrangements to return it.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
I'd use those gift cards you have been squirreling away, and get some new socks!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »
I would try to send it back as long as it doesn't take hours and hours of your time. If you don't have any luck do you have a 72-90 CJ or Wrangler? I found a quick price of $259 for that conversion kit.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
I am with those above.  Try to send it back

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 06:20:18 PM »
Well fellas, I gave them a call yesterday and got transferred to customer service,-------"can you hold"----I said sure, 15 minutes of Christmas music---and click, disconnected.  I had to go pick up a couple of cylinders from re-certification, so they were closed by the time I got back.

I got to thinking about it today, I'm going to wait until after the first of the year to contact them again. The reason being---if it was a screw-up---by a screw-up---I do not want to get anyone in trouble just before Christmas, and The Newyear----lose a job or lose a bonus---it can wait. It's a big outfit, 13 days aint gonna break-'em.  ;D.

I'd use those gift cards you have been squirreling away, and get some new socks!

Not yet ons-------my big toes aint hangin out yet  :D

I would try to send it back as long as it doesn't take hours and hours of your time. If you don't have any luck do you have a 72-90 CJ or Wrangler? I found a quick price of $259 for that conversion kit.

Nope DN---it's a '93 YJ 2.5 W/FI  ;D

It Will Go Back stay tuned

Chuck

If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
I think I would do it via email

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
From what I've heard about Amazon and trying to deal with them, I'd just keep the damn thing.  And I consider myself an honest person, but why spend all the time and aggravation trying to fix something they don't care about?  If you don't have a use for it, give it as a present to someone who does.
boop/bop/beep