Author Topic: Toys you could no longer sell  (Read 8784 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Toys you could no longer sell
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 08:23:48 PM »
Btw Daisy has been doing limited runs in the past few months of adult sized Red Ryder's.
the last run was a combo set with one standard for the kid , an adult sized one, and a rocket shot target as well as safety glasses I believe . It was $100 for the set I believe.
The red Ryder is still alive and kicking, and they're popular enough for them to come out with the longer stock for them.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »
I have a pair of the Benjamin pumpers, a pistol in .177 and a rifle in .22. Had to reseal the rifle, but it was cheap and now shoots great. I need to set up a trap in my basement for rainy days.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
We never had bike helmets never even heard of such a thing. I think if some kid had shown up with one he would have been taunted mercilessly. I know I took plenty of spills on my bikes but I guess my head wasn't the heavy end since I never landed on it.

I recall girls has an oven that used a light bulb as a heat source and it could really bake stuff. Small things but it really did work.

I think the take away is kids are a lot smarter and a lot more resilient than we sometimes give them credit for. And really the best lessons are most often the hardest ones to learn. On the other hand they are so precious and so valuable we want to protect them.

JAFE, you're talking about the Easy Bake Oven, my sisters had one.

I can just imagine a kid having a bike helmet when I was growing up...you're exactly right, the taunts would've been merciless and unending!  :))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:24:35 AM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »
Galaxie you are so right. A kid with a bike helmet would have been pretty miserable. I'm not even sure they existed when I was a kid I don't recall seeing them one ever.

The Easy Bake Oven was pretty neat idea but I imagine it could cause some burns.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
Heck, I still make fun of folks that wear bike helmets :))

I do put them on my grandchildren when they ride bikes in my driveway.  Makes their parents happy

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »
I have a pair of the Benjamin pumpers, a pistol in .177 and a rifle in .22. Had to reseal the rifle, but it was cheap and now shoots great. I need to set up a trap in my basement for rainy days.
What models ?
I've got a '67 Benji 312 and an '81 342.
I've also got a '79 Sheridan blue streak ( my most prized possession ).

A trap for indoor shooting is a good idea, but in the meantime a shoe box stuffed with old shirts works great.
Of course these are 8 pump guns, but 3 pumps is even plenty for plinking in my backyard at 15yds.
I usually go up to 4 for longer ranges, but pretty much never a full 8.
So often people seem to forget the fact that you don't have to use a full 8 or 10 every time, it's like the can't fathom the idea of using less power than is available to the gun.
Always lookin' to learn