Author Topic: Rural livin  (Read 11378 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: Rural livin
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2018, 08:48:54 PM »
That price is inline around here. going price for undeveloped land around here is $5k/acre. Shack and barn adds at least another $200K.

My retirement plan includes lots of  "for sale" signs and relocation.

Offline john k

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 12:49:51 AM »
That part of the country is pretty arid, and water is often at a premium,  usually a new well requires a permit.   I'd be checking for old capped oil and gas wells.  Also for any pipelines buried across the property.  Property is priced due to the location near Devils Tower,  check 50  miles further away and see the price go down.  Covenants near a town of $400 ?  Again location, location.   Would think fire danger is a high risk around there,  with fire protection so far away.   The altitude also contributes to longer and colder winters. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:53:20 AM by john k »

Online Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 07:45:55 AM »
There are many beautiful places in this country to live without paying that kind of money. But hey, if that is what a guy wants more power to ya!  ;)
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 03:37:31 PM »
One thing about expensive ground.  It could very likely always be expensive ground.  Meaning you pay a premium when you buy it but it sells for a premium when you are done with it. 

Online Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 07:38:27 PM »
One thing about expensive ground.  It could very likely always be expensive ground.  Meaning you pay a premium when you buy it but it sells for a premium when you are done with it.

Excellent point Phil!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
What are the three factors in real estate? Location, location, location. If you are that close to Devils Tower, then you are gonna pay.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
This way he doesn't have to watch TV.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.