Author Topic: What non tool gifts did you get for Christmas  (Read 6255 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

What non tool gifts did you get for Christmas
« on: December 25, 2018, 09:47:17 PM »
Getting tools would be nice , but my family doesn't exactly know good vs bad so I'm glad I didn't.

This is for those things you got that weren't tools ( knives ...ect welcome ), whatever you got I'd like to hear about it.
me and my dad bought each other Leathermans last month, I bought him a Super tool 300 for work and he bought me a little squirt PS4 I wanted for when I don't need my full sized tool.

What I got today on Christmas was a nice flannel shirt that I'll definitely wear along with my others, and a hoodie from my mom which I'd never pick for myself but will wear anyways.
Then there's some things from my grandmother that made me feel a bit of emotion.

The first was her penny accumulation, which she gave me because she knows I " hate pennies " which isn't really true.  I love finding wheat pennies, I just don't really like as a form of currency beyond 50¢ worth.
Health is generally good and all, but she said she wanted me to have them while she could see me " enjoy them ".

The second was her San Francisco 49'ers T shirts ( she always wore men's T shirts ), one of which was autographed by Joe Montana a few years back.
This to me was a bit sad because the 49'ers were always something we loved to watch together.
However with all of the BS political crap going on she has just given up on football, I am holding out in hopes things turn around though.

That's pretty much it other than the nice Christmas card Steve sent me, it's the thought that counts and I definitely got some thoughtful gifts.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

Re: What non tool gifts did you get for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
I received 3 pack of tank tops .I desperately needed them cause my current are stained  :))

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »
Did those tank tops come with the turret and guns??? O:-)

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 06:29:51 PM »
I mean I guess it's a kitchen tool but I had dropped some hints and mom listened! I use these large pots for everything.

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:27:27 PM »
Well I got clothes of course. I also got a grate set up for cooking over a campfire, some spiced rum, a grill/gridle setup. A electric kettle (just ordered a French press for making coffee) a few cook books, a 12" cast iron skillet (Lodge Made in USA).

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
Well I got clothes of course. I also got a grate set up for cooking over a campfire, some spiced rum, a grill/gridle setup. A electric kettle (just ordered a French press for making coffee) a few cook books, a 12" cast iron skillet (Lodge Made in USA).

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Got a 10" lodge last year and use it almost every day, frying some potatoes in it right now.

I'm not going to say American cast iron is the only way to go because American carbon and stainless steel can be good as well, but I don't care how expensive it is bullshit Teflon coated pans just cannot last.
Cast iron lasts indefinitely if taken care of.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
My favorite brother got me a tack driver .243 style.

Favorite brother/only brother its all good. ;D

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline ScoutDriver

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »
Could we get some specs on this please!!!   ^^^^^  :o

Scott

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 10:01:55 PM »
Could we get some specs on this please!!!   ^^^^^  :o

Scott
Agency arms complete and certified frame with a 1 out of 250 zev raven slide with dimpled zev barrel. Trijicon suppressor height night sights and rmr type 2.

Offline ScoutDriver

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
Thank you!  Sweet little pistol.

Scott

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »
Thank you!  Sweet little pistol.

Scott
Thank you. It is a bit abrasive on my belly lol

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 11:19:21 PM »
As the Mrs and I like Star Trek, my SIL has been giving us one of the Hallmark Christmas ornaments each year. Some of them become quite collectible. We have 5 now.  We kinda look forward each year to getting those - never know which one it'll be.

We limit our own purchases of ornaments to one per year. Being married almost 20 years our tree is starting to get filled with ones form our childhoods, family, and our own buys. My favorite is a pair of blown glass Santa Claus hippos I bought for her many years ago. This glass blower in the mall said he could do any animal we wanted - and she likes hippos - so I had him make a pair. Happy hippos with little red hats and glass rings on top for hanging. Very unique!

Offline Plomb-er

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
I got $100 cash, a Kohls gift card, a Lucille's BBQ gift card, and 2 T-shirts from my folks. My oldest son's mom gave me a couple of Day of the Dead style figures. Most all of our Xmas gift budget went to getting the kids (3 of them) gifts for Xmas.

Offline john k

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 12:47:51 AM »
Since this is the first Christmas without my wife,  I didn't get any clothes this year.   Daughter went over the top and gave me a Samsung Galaxy tablet.  Quite a toy, just a steep leaning curve.  Plus a protective case for it.  Since I always have a calendar or notebook in my shirt pocket she upgraded me to a very nice  Moleskine notebook, as in the Indiana Jones movie.  Also received a very heavy bag for shaving kit, nice zippers, and bits of leather on it.  The tools I received were from the gazette exchange, but hey, tool boxes are mostly full anyhow. 

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »
I received a few gift cards from Amazon and a nice box of Cuban Hoyo De Monterrey cigars from my family. My wife's friend visited Austria before Christmas and she asked her to pick up a box -- smart wife!!!

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
A lump of coal.  ::)
David

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
My family knows not to buy me tools as I only know what I want... but one year she bought me a borescope which is VERY useful.

This year she bought me a Garmin motorcycle GPS unit which tend to be terribly expensive because of their ability to load routes and waterproof qualities.  I guess she took to heart my comments about the BMW club guys regarding me as a Luddite with my older motorcycles, using maps on a tank bag and lack of electronic gizmos to include no Facebook interaction with the club.

I look forward to figuring out the best way to mount it and being able to load great routes.
Nick
Yorktown, VA