Author Topic: EASYDRIVER ratcheting ball drivers  (Read 12835 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: EASYDRIVER ratcheting ball drivers
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
I originally got the Mini-balls specifically for thermostat screws. Those things get stuck into place, and most pocket screwdrivers just don't give you the grip to get them out undamaged. But now that I don't do thermostats day in and day out the Mini-balls are for computer repair and other electronics.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »
Found another EASYDRIVER at an estate sale. Nice blow-molded case, complete with hex bits and sockets. Sounds like the case HnS spoke about some time ago. $6
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:56:03 PM by bonneyman »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
Yep that's the same one I had / have ( lost the sockets and bits,  the case is in the garage somewhere )
The label is gone on mine though.

I always used it with the bit adapter because I never need nut drivers much and use a regular ratchet otherwise,  but if I used a nut driver a lot this would be great.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:21:12 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2021, 09:41:29 AM »
When I started in HVAC I used nutdrivers to remove and install panel hex head screws. The guy that taught me used them, so, naturally that's what I used. Then I discovered they made long and stubby nutdrivers as well as the stanard, and I was really enthusiastic.
However, over several years I came across buried screws, overtight ones, etc that showed the meager grip of my VACO nut drivers. Had to get a 1/4" ratchet and some sockets to get them out. When I stumbled upon the first EASYDRIVER ball I realized I could combine the screwdriver and socket functions, while getting more torque, more comfort, and less fatigue with it. And with the right adapter all my 1/4" drive accessories fit it. So began my "collecting". Still use my nutdrivers for the lone screws, but the ball drivers have replaced them for most things.

I used one of those 1" ball drivers you sent me. Had several DVD players with various "issues" and I tore them all down and combined the working parts to get one functional unit. That tiny ball came in handy.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »
When I started in HVAC I used nutdrivers to remove and install panel hex head screws. The guy that taught me used them, so, naturally that's what I used. Then I discovered they made long and stubby nutdrivers as well as the stanard, and I was really enthusiastic.
However, over several years I came across buried screws, overtight ones, etc that showed the meager grip of my VACO nut drivers. Had to get a 1/4" ratchet and some sockets to get them out. When I stumbled upon the first EASYDRIVER ball I realized I could combine the screwdriver and socket functions, while getting more torque, more comfort, and less fatigue with it. And with the right adapter all my 1/4" drive accessories fit it. So began my "collecting". Still use my nutdrivers for the lone screws, but the ball drivers have replaced them for most things.

I used one of those 1" ball drivers you sent me. Had several DVD players with various "issues" and I tore them all down and combined the working parts to get one functional unit. That tiny ball came in handy.
I'm glad you're finding it useful.
I like the easy driver,  it's the best when I need.

Always lookin' to learn